Beneficial/HFC finance letter.....

Options
sharilou75
sharilou75 Posts: 10 Forumite
edited 6 May 2010 at 3:41PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
Hy, just got off the phone for an update on my ppi claims from beneficial finance/hfc bank, and was told there was a letter on the way to me today, I then asked what it was about, and she said she didn't know, which is unusual because they usually read them out...she did go on to say it was from the quality department, I then asked her if that department was to do with refunds...and she said yes. Just trying to find out if anybody knows if this is right???...don't want to get my hopes up...thanks guys.

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    sharilou75 wrote: »
    Hy, just got off the phone for an update on my ppi claims from beneficial finance/hfc bank, and was told there was a letter on the way to me today, I then asked what it was about, and she said she didn't know, which is unusual because they usually read them out...she did go on to say it was from the quality departmet, I then asked her if that department was to do with refunds...and she said yes. Just trying to find out if anybody knows if this is right???...don't want to get my hopes up...thanks guys.

Hi there

I am not too sure on this, but hopefully it will be good news, fingers crossed.;):)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • sharilou75
    Options
    Hy there, just phoned hfc central complaints and was told there was a resolution letter on the way, I asked what this said and was told because my 3x loans we are claiming back ppi against are all paid off and closed and it's over 6 years ago, we are not going to get any refunds at all and this is there final response...yet i have read that some people have been successful with the same company over six years ago too. Please can someone advise what to do now...do i need to contact the FOS...thanks for listening.
  • di3004
    Options
    Hy there, just phoned hfc central complaints and was told there was a resolution letter on the way, I asked what this said and was told because my 3x loans we are claiming back ppi against are all paid off and closed and it's over 6 years ago, we are not going to get any refunds at all and this is there final response...yet i have read that some people have been successful with the same company over six years ago too. Please can someone advise what to do now...do i need to contact the FOS...thanks for listening.

Hi there

This is incorrect, of course your entitled to a refund and your correct in stating that other have been successful with their ppi reclaiming with these from earlier years as well, so yes as soon as you receive the letter I would contact the FOS, or maybe go back to HFC and tell them you do not agree with their decision.

There is no harm in contacting the FOS now for advice as well, good luck, please keep us posted.
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact/index.html

Di
  • KIMY
    KIMY Posts: 417 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear what they have said and hopefully they are wrong as l was on the understanding that they do not have to keep your records after 6 years not that they did not have to accept miss sold PPI.
    I have 2 claims also going through with HFC back TO 2003 which nearly awaiting 6 weeks for response.
    How old where your loans and when did you put in your claim.
  • sharilou75
    Options
    Hy and thanks for the quick responses, sorry couldn't reply sooner.
    We received our letter today from beneficial finance/hfc to advise us basically what they told me over the phone, that we wont be getting a refund for any of the 3 loans we've complained about. They said because the loans where paid up in 2002, that we woudn't be able to claim the ppi back because they have no records anymore, because any accounts over six years old they will have destroyed the records/paperwork!...which is funny, because i didn't have any original paperwork either, i just phoned beneficial customer services up and explained i wanted the account numbers for the loans and they gave them me straight away, which then enabled me to claim...so i'm now going to go to the fos about it because they said this was there final response, if anyone else as claims in with this company please update, 'cause it will be interesting seeing as other people have been successful...thanks
  • di3004
    Options
    Hy and thanks for the quick responses, sorry couldn't reply sooner.
    We received our letter today from beneficial finance/hfc to advise us basically what they told me over the phone, that we wont be getting a refund for any of the 3 loans we've complained about. They said because the loans where paid up in 2002, that we woudn't be able to claim the ppi back because they have no records anymore, because any accounts over six years old they will have destroyed the records/paperwork!...which is funny, because i didn't have any original paperwork either, i just phoned beneficial customer services up and explained i wanted the account numbers for the loans and they gave them me straight away, which then enabled me to claim...so i'm now going to go to the fos about it because they said this was there final response, if anyone else as claims in with this company please update, 'cause it will be interesting seeing as other people have been successful...thanks

Wow, well done you :T:T:j, you done good here and I'm sure the FOS will sort these out for you, good luck.;)
  • KIMY
    KIMY Posts: 417 Forumite
    Options
    I am now expecting same response as my loans where settled in 2003, but they must think we are stupid as l had a Currys card which was 2006 and they had mixed this account number with the large secured loan settled in 2003 and advise me on phone the 2 account numbers so if they still have them on data they would still have details on screen.
    If and when they do come back to me as there 8 weeks from receiving my complaint is next week l will request a SAR on Currys card as l know from a old issued cheque book from secured loan account they were both set-up on same account number.
    Sorry if a bit confusing, let you know any updates.
    How long did you wait for a response ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 1 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family