Stovax Riva 55 multifuel stove - fan kit

Options
I am looking at buying a Stovax Riva 55 stove, which is one of those stoves that fits 'neatly' in the all, rather than freestanding.

It is a convector stove, but has a 'fan kit' as an optional extra. This is 'supposed' to help the heat circluate around the room. It is around £175 !!!!

Has anyone any experience of one of these stoves and the fan ... or a similar stove with a fan.

Is it really necessary ? Will it really make much of a difference ...... or is it just maketing hype ? After all, my existing radiators don't need a fan to warm the room up !!

Thanks

Comments

• crphillips
    crphillips Posts: 349 Forumite
    Options
    We've installed riva 76's without a fan and they're huge and heat the room nicely. No doubt a fan will help but how much difference it will make i'm unsure......we've never installed a fan so can't say what they're like.
  • Splott_Boy
    Options
    on a similar issue has anyone installed the ducting kit which allows you to take the warm air into another room - is it effective ?

We have all but chosen an inset / cassette Stovax Riva 66. It would be great to get warm air into the bedroom above, but I think it would have to go up the chimney breast. Looking up it the space is blocked with a 8" clay flue - I'm expecting a 6" flue to be dropped through the existing open fire flue.

Is it likely to be possible to punch a hole through the seal (to the side of the existing flue) to take the warm air ducting up to the first floor. I'm assuming the rectangular chimney has space either side of the circular flue and that the void is not filled up with anything else ??
  • hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    The fans are great, but the cost seems OTT. And yes, they do circulate the air.
  • crphillips
    Options
    I've installed the air kit before.......you can only use about 2m of ducting......which is pretty limiting to where you can move the air........also they're not really designed to be used with a standard chimney......can only really be used if building a false chimney breast and using twin wall flue. Install it without the ducting if i were you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure