bt retentions phone number

Options
Does anyone happen to have a direct number for BT retentions department ?

Comments

• syko29793
    syko29793 Posts: 574 Forumite
    Options
    0800 800 030 option 1.
    If your calling about line retentions you can ignore the message about a mac code as they deal with both lines and broadband on this number.
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    brill thanks, what time they open till ?
  • syko29793
    syko29793 Posts: 574 Forumite
    Options
    8 am til 9 pm. you tend to get the more experienced staff if you ring between 9am and 3pm
  • dianeirttm1991
    Options
    Thanks to the tip re. phoning BT's Retention Department, I've just got a great deal on my phone and broadband for the next 12 months. And it was so easy!

I was already on a special deal contract with BT, ending at the end of December, and then the broadband was going to rocket from approximately £9 to £17 per month (on their Option 1 package), which I wasn't happy to pay. Plusnet would have been able to match my original deal, so I was prepared to move on. I phoned up the Retentions Department, mentioning all this, and they said they'd prefer to keep me as a customer, and came up with a better deal.

I now pay £8.25 per month for my broadband (10GB allowance), and this includes both free evening and weekend phonecalls (I was only on free weekend phonecalls previously). Also I switched to the Line Rental Saver which means I've paid up front for 12 months line rental, at a cost of £120, instead of 12 months at £14.60, so saved over £55 there. (You have to make at least 2 phonecalls a month, otherwise each month will attract a further £1.50, but that's still less than paying out £14.60, if you don't.)

So I'm a happy bunny! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport