Monarch To Florida - Premium Seating Worth It?

Options
Hi there,

We're flying to Florida (ash cloud return permitting) next Saturday from Gatport Airwick. We've been offered the premium seating for £200.00 PP return. We are going for my 30th Birthday so I'm considering it. We'll have a 2hr drive when we get there so I'm thinking any potential additional relaxation I can get would be welcomed.

What I am wondering is has anyone else been premium with Monarch... and is it worth the extra £££? I know Thomson do a premium economy upgrade (comparable standard) usually for about £99.00 PP return.

Your thoughts welcomed.

TIA

Deleerious
A fully functional diet; :beer: + :spam: = :dance:

Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    I would pay anything not to travel with Monarch long haul, so if I had to fly with them, I would definitely upgrade!
    Gone ... or have I?
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Judging by the European flights, I would agree with dmg!

Their premium is quite roomy - but only gone to Crete with that.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • apogge
    apogge Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    have a look at the Seatguru website which gives you seating maps and information about the quality of premium seating per plane for each airline. As a rough guide it appears the following is the difference for Monarch:

Premium Class: 34.0" 18.0" 38 seats
    Main Class: 30.0" 16.2" 271 seats

Pitch/Width/number of seats in each class.

A good comparison is to BA economy (747) which offers:

31.0" pitch and 17.5" width.
  • Deleerious
    Deleerious Posts: 271 Forumite
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    I would pay anything not to travel with Monarch long haul, so if I had to fly with them, I would definitely upgrade!

Yep! Got your point on the trip. Had a 16 hour delay on the way out as the plane had it's windscreen replaced. Total chas at the airport. Couldn't go through to departures, only had £15.00 compensation, then the flight was delayed further until mid night... no one had any idea what was happening!

Then... on the way back paid for 2 extra leg room seats. We got seated at the emergency exit in the middle of the plane trouble is the window seat wasn't an extra legroom seat as it had the life raft in the way of it! so lost out twice!

Deleerious
    A fully functional diet; :beer: + :spam: = :dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family