🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Harveys - ridiculous delivery times, no customer service!

Options
13»

Comments

• flimsier
    flimsier Posts: 799 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I fell like bumping this thread because it seems like they are up to their old tricks!
    Can we just take it as read I didn't mean to offend you?
  • gordikin
    gordikin Posts: 4,422 Forumite
    Options
    Phone them and insist they deliver you a dodgy suite...or you can wait until they sort out a refund?
  • gordikin
    gordikin Posts: 4,422 Forumite
    Options
    Why didn't you read the reviews before ordering?
  • flimsier
    flimsier Posts: 799 Forumite
    Options
    gordikin wrote: »
    Why didn't you read the reviews before ordering?

I went and saw the product. Big name chain; I didn't think there'd be a problem. Did you really want an answer, or were you just being condescending?
    Can we just take it as read I didn't mean to offend you?
  • Mp42010
    Mp42010 Posts: 20 Forumite
    edited 13 July 2012 at 7:47AM
    Options
    Greetings,

I wish I had read this before going to these people.

I have recently got married (Month ago) we have since moved in to a rented flat (South East UK)
    And my parents had gotten there sofa from Harveys many years ago and is in fairly good nick till this day. So decided to get our sofa from them as (Home sofa's shops are hard to come by in my area).
    So 7 weeks ago (yesterday) my wife, me and mother are at Harveys looking and chose a sofa for 1k our first ever(3 seater). We had measured every aspect from the entrance door , hallways , flat door.

And showed the (showroom) guy the measurements and 100% guaranteed us that it would fit as its a recliner and the back comes off and whatnot. (but the leaflet doesn’t state what size the sofa is with the back off)

So here we are 7 weeks later , we had a phone call Tuesday and was told that they would ring again Wednesday to arrange delivery for Thursday (Today). Heard nothing on Wednesday so my wife rang 3 numbers and got to a lady. Whom then said a time has been allocated for 11 till 2pm. Which none of us are free for. So had to ask landlords if they could see them in. Which they did. At this time we are only going with what they said as my wife and I were at work. And couldn’t get the sofa around a corner as the ceiling was too short
    & also have taken photos of this.

So 7pm tonight I was right down to Harveys and basically said we would have to pay a £250 Admin fee & choose another sofa.

Or if we wanted our 1k back still pay £250 admin fee.
    I've checked paper work and online T&C and cant find any information saying this at all.

Does anyone have any advice?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family