Harveys - ridiculous delivery times, no customer service!

Options

Comments

• flimsier
    flimsier Posts: 799 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We were offered 5.4% of the retail price. Refused. Now been offered 10% of the price we paid (£370 cheque) in writing. I've accepted that, but we still don't have a date for the wardrobe!
    Can we just take it as read I didn't mean to offend you?
  • flimsier
    Options
    I'm in shock. The wardrobe has been delivered and is ok. Now just waiting for the cheque!
  • stick2000
    stick2000 Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    I hope your baby is doing ok - my daughter was born with a right-sided diaphragmatic hernia and is doing well now x
  • Philly81
    Options
    Buy your daughter a cot from Mothercare.
    I have just been today and got £100 off the website price and as I was buying a mattress at the same time I was eligible for a further £50 discount.
  • flimsier
    Options
    Settled for a cheque for £370
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am having a problem with getting a replacement cushion cover from Harveys. Its been 4 1/2 months and I am still waiting with no phonecalls returned.
    Would say to everyone DO NOT BUY FROM HARVEYS.
  • changeways
    changeways Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    We purchased 2 setees from Harveys and after several visits from Homeserve to try and fix the setee as it was of extremely poor quality , they eventually offered us a replacement!
    Replacement arrived and went the same as the first one, again Homeserve came and took it apart. Upon them doing this it came to their attention the framework of the settee was damaged and cracked but it seems they had patched it up by nailing another piece of wood to the broken frame. Total bodge job!

We finally got them to agree to offer us a full refund thanks to Homeserve and it took from Mid March 2010 until late June for them to sort us out a refund.

Customer services are not interested and its not really there department to sort out refunds apparantly???? The store didnt know how to arrange a refund either........I advised them to seek advice from the area sales manager but he was on holiday and they wanted me to wait 2 weeks for his return!!!!!!!!!!!
    What kind of business they are trying to run I have no idea and they are not trying to learn from mistakes either. They really could not care less and I totally agree with you when you say lack of communication

WE WERE LIED TO IN THE FACE TO SAY OUR REFUND WAS READY ON FRIDAY THE 4TH JUNE WHEN IN FACT THE LADY HAD NOT EVEN SENT AN EMAIL TO ASK FOR THE REFUND UNTIL THE WEEK LATER!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! How do they get away with it?

I hope your goods are in better condition than ours and you dont need to seek a refund!! If you did I cant see it this side of xmas.... lol:mad:
  • bebebelle
    bebebelle Posts: 1,453 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Guys, I was going to buy a sofa. Now Im off to dfs. Looks like I had a lucky escape. xx I love mse.
    I appreciate Each and Every win. I thank every comp poster from the bottom of my heart :A
  • frustrated67
    Options
    I am writing to warn other Harvey customers of my experience with them.
    Took delivery of an Atlantis sofa on 4th September 09 and was very pleased with the delivery service and the product.
    Fast forward to the beginning of May 2010, the middle section completely collapsed so contacted Harveys who sent an agent out on 24th May to inspect it.
    The agent confirmed it was faulty and was a manufacturing fault which they would repair on site.
    Have made many phone calls to their customer services and indeed to the store manager, all have been a complete waste of time.
    Eventually, having been in contact with consumer direct, my case has been passed to trading standards to resolve.
    What a pity such a promising start to my association with Harveys has soured to such an extent that I would NEVER use them again or indeed recommend them.:D
  • flimsier
    Options
    I think you need to do what I did - and threaten to stand outside the store!! And be willing to go through with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure