🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Thought's on Blackberry Curve 8250?

Options
mazzxx
mazzxx Posts: 31 Forumite
I've just got a new contract and have had the Bb curve 8250. Any good? What are your thought's/opinions? xx

Comments

• parallax_20
    parallax_20 Posts: 546 Forumite
    Options
    Its a bit late to be asking for opinions on a phone you've just bought! :) Did you not research the phone before hand?

I don't own one personally, but I've had a play with the Bold 9700 and really like it. The Curve 8520 is the budget version of it with less features. Can't really go wrong with a BB for texting and emailing.

I managed to persuade the wife to get the 9700 on upgrade today. She wasn't too keen on another touchscreen phone, and texts mostly, so she would be happy with the phone. It all depends on your requirements and budget. If I were to take out a new contract it would only be for a high end phone like the Bold 9700, HTC Desire, Legend....its not really worth committing yourself to 18-24months for a phone thats worth £100-150 on PAYG. You could simply get a decent PAYG and a SimOnly contract which could work out the same or better over the same period without being tied in.
  • vicx
    vicx Posts: 3,091 Forumite
    Options
    I've just bought the Blackberry 8520 on pay as you go and ordered an O2 simplicity 12 month contract for Blackberry. £10 per month for 300 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited blackberry (can't get better than that). Works out alot cheaper than getting the phone on contract and being tied into a 18 or 24 month contract.

The phone is very basic compared to other blackberry's. I'm not too impressed with it but for the price it's good. If I was going to get a phone on contract I'd go for something alot better with more features.

I like my phones to have a good camera which the Blackberry 8520 is lacking on. It is only 2mp and doesnt have a flash which I didnt know before purchasing.
    A home without a dog is like a flower without petals.
  • vicx
    vicx Posts: 3,091 Forumite
    Options
    The Blackberry 8520 on O2 contract is £30 per month for 300 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited blackberry (18 month contract).

The exact same tarrif on O2 simplicity contract is £10 and only 12 month contract.

So if you were to take out the phone on contract, you'd be paying an extra £20 per month for 18 months just for the phone which works out £360! The phone is only worth £150 on PAYT! and they are selling between £100 - £140 on Ebay.
    A home without a dog is like a flower without petals.
  • greyster
    greyster Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    its a great phone but too cheap for a contract in my opinion. You could have got a 9700 blackberry or a storm 2.

T-Mobile do the blackberry 8250 for £150 with 6 months free internet/blackberry service.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport