We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

May save on work lunches challenge

135678

Comments

  • dark^knight
    dark^knight Posts: 526
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi there,

    Put me down for No Bought Lunches in May.

    Thanks
  • tazzy2010_2
    tazzy2010_2 Posts: 101 Forumite
    ooo me me me too! March and April went so well :j

    NO lunches in may for me!!
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,119
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I'm in! :j

    La escocesa - 2 bought lunches in May

    Have no cash left for them anyway as I've already paid the extra £2.50 a day to my cc :A

    Thanks for the challenge Nottoobadyet!
  • NGlady
    NGlady Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Please put me down for 6 brought lunches in May - high but this is my first effort! I found I was spending £5 per day on drinks etc, so will take my drinks to work :) I want to try and raise £80 by middle of June purely on not spending my dinner money budget :)
    Learning to be 'good with money'
  • Chaz16
    Chaz16 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Hi, would love to join this. I'll go for four bought lunches in May
    One debt v 100 days Part 4 £0/£200
  • sara86pink
    sara86pink Posts: 324 Forumite
    I would also like to sign up! I always get so tempted by boots 'meal deal' that I can easily spend £3 a day!

    Did a big food shop yesterday and there was soup on offer so I cooked a pan this morning and put it in my heat flask so was still warm at lunch. Yummy!
    So, my target is 3 bought lunches in May but hopefully I can do zero :)
    :j *~* 2011 - TRY TO GET CREDIT CARD AS LOW AS POSS BUT STILL HAVE FUN *~* :j
  • willbdebtfree
    willbdebtfree Posts: 35 Forumite
    :wave:hello all

    im new to this thread but have been encouraged by those lovely NSD'ers!!

    can you please put me down for no more than 3 bought lunches in may and will not spend more than £3 on those if possible! will b quite a challenge for me but am lucky as corner shop man sells filled rolls for 75p!
  • InTheRed
    InTheRed Posts: 164 Forumite
    Hi everyone,

    I'm new to this challenge - please put me down for 0 packed lunches for May.
    I will pay my c/c for each lunch I do not pay!

    InTheRed
    February Grocery Challenge 262.50/250.00 - overspend - oh no!


    March GC 0/300.00

    Weight loss goal - lose 14 lbs by May 18th 2016 - so far 3 lbs lost
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Excellent Bramble - Think I need to do the same - as when I take my own lunch I still end up buying my lunch say tin of beans and sausage but at least it's cheaper than buying a sandwich from M*rks or local butty shop.

    And, if I remember to buy the tins from the supermarket when on offer that will save me even more money than buying at the corner shop in a morning because I am on the last minute (as always!!zzzzzzzz!)

    Enjoy the pasta bake.:)

    It worked very well today! Took coco pops for breakfast, and then had the pasta and a muller corner (and didn't go out at lunch so had no temptation) was totally satisfied all day!

    I love buying tins of ravioli and things like that to have for lunch, warm food is so much more filling that I don't feel the need to nip to the shop for a choccie so much!
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • BEAT_THE_DEBT
    BEAT_THE_DEBT Posts: 2,219
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Hi can you put be down for no lunches please!xx
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.