Virgo home improvements and credit agreement

Options

Comments

• Roversfan
    Options
    I just got off phone to these guys and made an appointment for monday night to price renewing my fascia and soffits etc.
    After reading posts on here and elsewhere on internet forums I think I might ring back and cancel though!
    I thought these sorts of sales techniques went out back in the 80's!!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    dont cancel just dont be at home,waste abit of their time !
  • DaltonDaisy
    Options
    This Company are cold calling via phone and doorstep visits in the Lancashire/Greater Manchester area. They have repeatedly contacted an elderly, unwell relative of ours, who lives alone, despite being asked several times not to do so. They have alarmed them unnecessarily by telling them that 'essential' home repairs are needed urgently, otherwise their own property and that of adjoining neighbours will be severely damaged. None of this is true, as inspections by reputable local builders have proved, and the payment Virgo wanted for the work 'needed' was 2 or 3 times more than other quotes obtained. I cannot imagine any circumstances where I would employ Virgo personally and I would suggest anyone even thinking of doing so should get other quotes too - and double check that they actually need the work doing in the first place!
  • anon123x
    Options
    VIRGO IS A SCAM! I worked there for about a month they pray on old people and is where most of there business come from they would take there last penny the whole place is a CON i wouldnt reccomend them to nobody do not blame the people who work there as they are being conned just as much as YOU ARE they make out you are getting a good wage them it becomes commision based if you get a free quote the person on the door/phone gets £25 pound pus 1% of all business made absolutely riduclous the business makes a turn over of half a million a month from scamming people peope working there get little training, little money and the working conditions are APPAULING I wouldnt even let my dog sleep in there most people working there dont last very long as are treat poorly and paid peanuts its very sad, VIRGO NEEDS TO BE CLOSED DOWN I do not no how they are still a business and these '£500 credit vouchers' you may have recieved if you have used the company before also a SCAM they just add £500 to the original price hahaha I am embarresed to tell anyone i used to work there as they are such an unprofessional business they will employ anyone!! VIRGO IS A CON
  • SheepLady_2
    Options
    Virgo has just phoned me with their number 'withheld'. I dont usually answer such calls but did this time. It was Virgo and the call was about my 'facia boards'. What a flaming cheek to call out of the blue. I have the preference calling so who should I report them to? You just cant get rid of these begging calls....
  • geoffky
    geoffky Posts: 6,835 Forumite
    Options
    Best just to ignore VIRGO and sleep well that they have not got a penny out of you.
    Sounds like a despicable company..
    It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
    If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
    If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
    If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.
  • southern_fitter
    southern_fitter Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 15 December 2012 at 12:34PM
    Options
    just got sacked for sticking up for the customers was there for 3 months not the best time of my life .the way they treat the older vulnerable customers is totally shocking . 1 customer with dementia was conned into having work done he didn't need or wanted he was in such a state of confusion i had to get it cancelled for him.he was sold a flat roof he never had and was bullied into signing the paper work .
    i worked out of the Birmingham depot and was sacked for this and left to make my own way home as they just chucked my tools out of the van and told to its Christmas get a donkey to take you home ! .and then threatend by them big time they think they are the !!!!! of the window/fascia trade as safe styles side kicks . any one who reads this please please do not use Virgo for anything at all . They will only cold call on the elderly and vulnerable? but would never call on one of their own.... if you know what i mean??? that is their policy. they have absolutely no morals or ethics just a bunch of bullys who would stop at nothing to get a sell, please, please whoever reads this leave well alone.
  • ankspon
    ankspon Posts: 2,371 Forumite
    Options
    Years ago we got a quote for facias and soffets,the salesman also said they do windows and doors which we wanted doing so we got a quote,several weeks later we got a cheque for our deposit saying they don't do windows and doors and if they did they quoted too little,DODGY COMPANY.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • vanlo
    vanlo Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    DO NOT USE this so called company the cold call my 93 year old gran over and over till she gave in and agreed to an appointment while making this appointment they asked her age!!!! and if she had power of attorney over her own money - i just phoned to ask who to complain to and the guy gave me 2 names saying the best to send complaint to was Dave Wilson the general manager i asked who the MD was he said Mark Anderson but he would be away by the time the letter arrived - i asked who he was get this he was.....Dave Wilson!!!!! ohh and Mark Wilson dosent think there is anything wrong in asking a 93 year old if she has power of attorney over her own money.......
    Here is part of the letter i am sending without my or my grans contact details

[FONT=&quot]I am writing to you to say that she does not want any further contact via phone or letter or in person from your company or anyone associated with your company or sister companies and that any further contact in any form from you, your company, anyone associated or any sister companies will be seen as harassment and as such will be treated as a potential criminal breach and charges can be brought. [/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure