Need to get from UK to Denver, Colorado US

Options
I'm trying to book the cheapest flight I can from the UK to Denver, one way, sometime around July 6th, 2010. So far the cheapest I've found is out of Dublin for $641. I am a student, and under 26.

I looked into flying to New York first, and then to Denver if that would be cheaper, but no luck yet. Any suggestions, and can anyone find cheaper?

Many thanks for your time!

Comments

• jammin_2
    jammin_2 Posts: 2,461 Forumite
    Options
    pjkcards wrote: »
    from the UK
    cheapest I've found is out of Dublin

Sorry, where do you wish to fly from?
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You are likely to find a cheaper fare via New York (or another US gateway) than flying direct - but only if you book it as a through fare. Separate tickets may be more expensive.

Alternatively a round trip ticket can be cheaper than a single.

And just in case - are you sure that you are eligible to fly to the US on a one way ticket? You need a visa to do this (unless you are a US citizen). Apologies if you already knew this.
  • pjkcards
    Options
    jammin wrote: »
    Sorry, where do you wish to fly from?
    Anywhere in the UK. I'm in Leeds, but I am willing to travel pretty much wherever if it is cheaper.
    dzug1 wrote: »
    You are likely to find a cheaper fare via New York (or another US gateway) than flying direct - but only if you book it as a through fare. Separate tickets may be more expensive.

Alternatively a round trip ticket can be cheaper than a single.

And just in case - are you sure that you are eligible to fly to the US on a one way ticket? You need a visa to do this (unless you are a US citizen). Apologies if you already knew this.
    I've looked into New York, but have had no luck. I've looked into some round trips, but haven't found a deal better than I previously mentioned.

I am a US citizen, so it should be fine ;). Thanks.

If anyone could find a price cheaper than what I've already found, please let me know.
  • eslick
    eslick Posts: 2,062 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    this normally finds the cheapest flights

http://www.kayak.co.uk
  • moneysavingmatthew
    Options
    Try www.statravel.co.uk

As you are student they should be able to get you a good deal. If you call them they may be able to improve on the £276 flight below....

KL_mini_logo.gif Klm Royal Dutch Airlines blue_tkt_age_restriction.gif To book you must be either under the age of 25 or student aged 16-29

Outbound: 06-Jul-2010 tick.gifavailable Select your flight downArrow.gif Depart: 09:15 London Heathrow (LHR) 1 Stop incl. transfer in Detroit (DTW) Arrive: 16:56 Denver (DEN) Duration: 14hr 41min
    Depart: 09:15 London Heathrow (LHR) 1 Stop incl. transfer in Detroit (DTW) Arrive: 20:31 Denver (DEN) Duration: 18hr 16min
  • jammin_2
    jammin_2 Posts: 2,461 Forumite
    Options

Outbound: 06-Jul-2010 tick.gifavailable Select your flight downArrow.gif Depart: 09:15 London Heathrow (LHR) 1 Stop incl. transfer in Detroit (DTW) Arrive: 16:56 Denver (DEN) Duration: 14hr 41min
    Depart: 09:15 London Heathrow (LHR) 1 Stop incl. transfer in Detroit (DTW) Arrive: 20:31 Denver (DEN) Duration: 18hr 16min

That's a fantastic price, but when you go to book it's actually £311.67 (US$476.42), rather than £276.00.

I've been searching hard throughout the day - can't find cheaper than this one though. Good find, moneysavingmatthew!
  • withabix
    withabix Posts: 9,508 Forumite
    Options
    That will be the cheapest price! (By far)
    British Ex-pat in British Columbia!
  • pjkcards
    pjkcards Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    As you are student they should be able to get you a good deal. If you call them they may be able to improve on the £276 flight below....

Klm Royal Dutch Airlines

* GBP 276.00

Outbound: 06-Jul-2010 available Select your flight Depart: 09:15 London Heathrow (LHR) 1 Stop incl. transfer in Detroit (DTW) Arrive: 16:56 Denver (DEN) Duration: 14hr 41min
    Many thanks to everyone who helped out in this thread, and a special thanks to moneysavingmatthew for finding this. I called them, and they couldn't get it cheaper than £311, but I can't complain. Can you please PM me your paypal email, I want to buy you a drink at the very least. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure