Bank fees

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
3 replies 605 views
Mr_BARGAIN_2Mr_BARGAIN_2 Forumite
54 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
Hi peeps just a quiky i borrowed money from the nat west back in 1989 i still have the loan agreement where they have taken £275 on top of the loan can i claim that money back with interest ty

Replies

• Premier_2Premier_2 Forumite
    15.1K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why have they taken £275 more?

What have you done in the last 21 years regarding this debt? You'll probably find that if you've done nothing then the debt is statute barred ... but the answer you give to my first question may alter that.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • hi yes yes i appreciate 21 years is pretty longgggggg we only found out about the ppi`s only 2 years ago thx to martin :money: anyways it was arrangement/and security fees there was no ppi`s then ty
  • Premier_2Premier_2 Forumite
    15.1K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arrangement fees are just that ... fees you agreed to pay for arranging the loan. They are not refundable afaik, especially where you were provided with the loan they relate to.

You'll need to explain what you mean by 'security fees' if it's not PPI.
    The sub-forum that deals with reclaiming PPI and other insurance is here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=169
    So if it's some kind of insurance, I would suggest you'd be better off asking there about that part. :)
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals