Can I still use Sky dish & HD+ box if I no longer subscribe?

in TV MoneySaving
3 replies 1K views
Just joined Sky on a special offer & there is no way I shall renew at their full price. So far, I am only really watching the Movies channels and am thinking of cancelling totally within my 1st month. I think they take box back and remove dish.

However, if I do fulfill my 12 month contract, could I still use dish & HD+ box for freesat or something after that even if I wasn't subscribed to Sky anymore?

Replies

• PokerladPokerlad Forumite
    407 Posts
    In short yes but its FreeSatfromSky not to be confused with FreeSat or Freeview (you could however use a Freesat box with the dish and cabelling if purchased).

You would lose the recording featurs of the HD+ box unless you pay Sky £10 p.m or take the minimum subscription.
  • Thanks for that as I didn';t know if anyhting would work on it if I was no longer subscribed. Might just keep it for the year now that i know I can still get some use from it. There is no way I am paying £40+ a month after the initial 12 months is up.
  • spike7451spike7451 Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    bcl999 wrote: »
    Just joined Sky on a special offer & there is no way I shall renew at their full price. So far, I am only really watching the Movies channels and am thinking of cancelling totally within my 1st month. I think they take box back and remove dish.

However, if I do fulfill my 12 month contract, could I still use dish & HD+ box for freesat or something after that even if I wasn't subscribed to Sky anymore?

Very,very rarely.
    I worked for Sky for a while & I cant think of any jobs where the dish & box was reclaimed.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides