IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN from London Borough of Redbridge with wrong car colour, can it be challenged?

Dear all

I have received a PCN yesterday and the car colour is wrongly recorded, but everything else is correct (number plate, car make, etc) I can scan the document tomorrow and upload it if needed be.

The question is: Can this be challenged as invalid PCN due to wrong car colour?

Many thanks
Be nice, life is too short to be anything else.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Answer = nope.

Car colour is irrelevant.

So scan in the front & back of the PCN please (just remove ID details but include all wording, all dates, all small-print on the back. There's often a flaw in the wording of PCNs). Also can you get pics of the lines & signs where you parked, there's often a flaw there too.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Was this on-street or off-street ?
  • Thunderbird_2
    Thunderbird_2 Posts: 613 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 April 2010 at 10:23PM
    Hi,
    It was on-street.

PCN front http://i40.tinypic.com/263zotd.jpg
    PCN back http://i43.tinypic.com/a9u72h.jpg

EDIT: It was a pay and display with broken meters. The meter were broken for over a year. This time, there was a plastic sgin saying parking bays suspended from Thursday 8th April. The date bit was a hand wrritten on a plain paper attached with selotape.

Many thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hi,
    It was on-street.

PCN front http://i40.tinypic.com/263zotd.jpg
    PCN back http://i43.tinypic.com/a9u72h.jpg

EDIT: It was a pay and display with broken meters. The meter were broken for over a year. This time, there was a plastic sgin saying parking bays suspended from Thursday 8th April. The date bit was a hand wrritten on a plain paper attached with selotape.

Many thanks

I am not an expert but read a lot of threads on pepipoo.com.

I can't personally see anything wrong with the PCN, hope others may find something. But I can tell you that on pepipoo they usually say that pretty much EVERY temporary suspension sign is not as required in the regulations. Can you get a picture of the suspension sign as well?

Either way, post your questions on a new thread on pepipoo.com and you'll see what I mean - the suspended bay signage will be a point of appeal I reckon:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

HTH, I have never yet read a thread on pepipoo where someone who got a PCN due to a suspended bay and followed pepipoo advice as to the wording of their appeal, has failed. Oh the Council will wriggle and reject your first informal appeal - but they'll fold before adjudication and you won't have to pay, I firmly believe.

Let us know how you get on in the end.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The thing is, I live over 200 miles from where the ticket was issued and I didn't have a camera with me at the time!

I have started a thread in pepipoo :)

I will let you know how this will end.

Many thanks
  • wazza
    wazza Posts: 2,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    The thing is, I live over 200 miles from where the ticket was issued and I didn't have a camera with me at the time!

I have started a thread in pepipoo :)

I will let you know how this will end.

Many thanks

Do you have a mobile? You could have used that to take a picture if it has a camera. As a rule i always carry a cheap disposable camera in the car in case i am involved in an accident (God forbid)
    Problem with having access to internet is that i get asked by many to solve their problems :( Well at least i learn something on the way :D
  • Coblcris
    You will find that the suspension signs had no lawful basis and you should win on this in my opinion if the case is well presented.
  • Is it possible to challenge it without a picture of the sign?
  • Coblcris
    It is very probable that the CEO took a photograph of the sign at the time. But that cannot be relied on. I take it that a photograph on your own is unobtainable ? Ask the council for theirs ! Just challenging it means they have to produce it at adjudication but it would be better to have sooner than that. Suspensions signs are almost always unlawful.
  • Thank you for your reply.

It is very difficult for me to get a picture of the sign.

What happens if I asked the council for a picture of the suspension sign and the 14days run out? Does the charge go from £50 to £100 automatically? Or would they hold on to it untill the matter resolved and then resume counting? Or will it be £100 if I lose?

Many thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure