It's raining sense...hallelujah!

Hi everyone, I hope it's ok to start a diary here....I've been on the house selling/buying forum and stumbled acros the DFW forum, and Oh...My...God...talk about MAJOR lightbulb moment!! Worried Jim's (thanks) thread has just completely revolutionised my thoughts and made me a DFW!! This was on 21 Apr 2010 (note to self..remember this date).

Ok a bit about me, married to DH for 13 yrs, have 3 beautiful (albeit trying) kids, and we're looking to move to a new house soon so trying to sell our own. I have debts to the tune of ahem (not so confident at putting up quite how much yet) and whilst I always pay the minimum/required amounts on time, and have never missed a payment, I'm just fed up of debts ruling my life. The DFW board has given me a kick up the backside, and made me realise I don't need to let debts rule my life, I should be the one in control, and it's relatively easy if I'm just a bit more savvy with my money....savvy?!

Since LBM I have checked up on the snowball calc and worked out how I can become DF in a few years...and that's not it, I will aim for the jugular of my mortgage after this.

Wish me luck in my quest, since this revelation I have absolutely been buzzing, and for once I'm not worried about the fact that my house hasn't sold yet...I have money to make/save/cutback on people!!! :j

So please bear with me and thank you for reading/listening....over and out for now!

Az

Comments

• Nottoobadyet
    Nottoobadyet Posts: 1,754 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Happy new diary!
    Mortgage free by 30:eek:: £28,000/£100,000
    :DDebt free as of 1 October, 2010:D
    Taking my frugal life on the road!
  • azkaban420
    azkaban420 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks Nottoobadyet :)
  • Happy new diary azkaban :D

*subscribes*

Moose x
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - LBM Mar 2010

Start weight [STRIKE]11 st 8.5lbs[/STRIKE] now 10st 3lb
    £2 savers No.99 - £68 July No Spend Days 7/8

A&L [STRIKE]£202 [/STRIKE]£152 Barclaycard [STRIKE]£3882.89[/STRIKE] £3817.74 :mad:
  • azkaban420
    Hehe, thanks anonymoose, I am flattered that someone would want to subscribe to my diary :D

Ok have been busy today and yesterday:

1) Got a second hand washing machine in to replace old faulty one (usually would have gone out and bought a new one but am waiting till I move house, no point before then)

2) Put old machine on ebay ;)

3) Explained to DH about dropping the heating temp by a few degrees, and to be more cautious of when to put it on/turn off

4) Checked up/put more stuff on ebay

5) Sussing out about doing a car boot sale for the first time ever, next week

6) Found bazzilions of stuff in the loft - all suitable for booty, if not, ebay!

7) Emailed friend who grows stuff in an allotment to see if she can sell me stuff on the cheap regularly!

8) Plan to go food shopping later and to be careful about what I buy/spend - that's a FIRST!

Az
  • azkaban420
    azkaban420 wrote: »
    Hehe, thanks anonymoose, I am flattered that someone would want to subscribe to my diary :D

Ok have been busy today and yesterday:

1) Got a second hand washing machine in to replace old faulty one (usually would have gone out and bought a new one but am waiting till I move house, no point before then)

2) Put old machine on ebay ;)It's got 4 people watching it already :)

3) Explained to DH about dropping the heating temp by a few degrees, and to be more cautious of when to put it on/turn off

4) Checked up/put more stuff on ebay Found a BNIB BBQ which someone gave us - chucked that on too

5) Sussing out about doing a car boot sale for the first time ever, next week

6) Found bazzilions of stuff in the loft - all suitable for booty, if not, ebay!

7) Emailed friend who grows stuff in an allotment to see if she can sell me stuff on the cheap regularly! Got lots of tips and she will sell me some stuff when it's ready :)

8) Plan to go food shopping later and to be careful about what I buy/spend - that's a FIRST!

Az

And found out the competitions forum, did a load of them...what a buzz!
  • 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Hi there, and well done for lighting your bulb.

Car boots are fun. Just remmeber to take drinks/sarnies etc other wise you'll be paying rip off money for the catering vans.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • azkaban420
    Thanks 365, am planning to take food for selves, and also planning to sell a load of home-made samosas too :) Every little helps afterall!

Activity for today:

1) Have been comping more, by god it's addictive!!

2) Asked DD to walk to uncle's house and back rather than usually dropping her by car - petrol saved!

3) Going to take smaller car to British Sign Language (BSL) class this evening, more saving on petrol :)

4) Checked up on ebay - 2 of 16 items will sell, and 14 are being 'watched' so hoping it'll convert into more bids nearer the end of the auctions in a few days

5) Didn't get a chance to shop the other day so going to go after BSL class to try and catch the yellows in the fruit and veg bin :)

Az
  • azkaban420
    Well, went shopping today and for the first time ever I was really conscious of what I was spending. Needed to do pretty much a full shop which is normally around the £100 mark. I managed to do it in £43. Was uber-proud of myself, as usually the offers and their aunts tempt me into getting anything and everything.

Roll on happy days :)

Az
  • Hi and welcome to the boards it's such a buzz when you know you could be debt free in a few years you thinknof how much spare you will have a month as the numbers reduce and the creditors cease. Instill have a way to go but I am still excited. Good luck with debts and house sale :-)
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • azkaban420
    Thanks Happy,

Today I have:

1) Brought lunch into work again (and convinced 2 other colleagues/family to) and they did as well!

2) Joined the PaD thread

3) Joined the DFW Nerd club (awaiting number :D )

4) Put another item on ebay....

Can't tell you how liberated I feel...I'm walking on clouds really...

Az
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport