PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Mortgage valuation - how long until they report and does the vendor find out?

Options
We are in the process of selling our house - have accepted offer and mortgage valuation was being done today. Buyers are very keen to move quickly and so I presume they don't want things to take too long.

So how long does it take for the valuation report to be done and does the vendor find out how much they value it at? Have heard tales of houses being valued for tens of thousands below the offered price and so am naturally a little worried about it.

Not sure what category of valuation it was - obviously more than a "drive by" type as he was here for about 20 minutes or so.

Any thoughts from more experienced people welcome :)

Comments

• G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The mortgage valuation (20 mins sounds like a valuation) is for the lender, not the vendor. You will only hear the figure if the buyer tells you - which would probobly mean it came in lower than the purchase price and he wanted to re-negotiate.

It takes.... as long as it takes. Days or weeks. There are other parallel activities going on so unless you speed them all up, speeding up the valuation will make little difference. Be patient. Conveyancing takes time.
  • kst101
    kst101 Posts: 812 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you :)

I presumed I wouldn't hear directly; only if they wanted to reduce their offer. The offer we have is fine and we have a little room for negociation in terms of the amount compared with our mortgage but would obviously prefer it not to go down.

The buyers want to complete in six weeks which our EA thinks is a little optimistic but there is no chain as they are renting and we are going to be renting so I suppose possible. I presume they will be chasing solicitors and mortgage provider etc. We would be happy to move a bit later, but want to keep the buyers happy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport