Reclaiming flight money with Flybe

Options
Have any of you or has anyboy you know managed to get any sort of refund from Flybe ofer cancelled flights.

Me and my partner have recentley split meaning we will no longer be taking up our 4 flights (2 x child & 2 x adult) to Spain end of May.
My brother and his family (2 x adults & 2 x child) are also not taking up their Flights as my brothers wife has just been hospitalised and needs surgery on a spinal problem.

We do not have travel insurance and all flights were paid for by my folks who were hoping to treat the family. They travel with Flybe a few times a year.

Is there anyway we can claim refunds of any description.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Read the T and Cs, but generally no refunds. However, the money you have paid to the airline remains as a kind of credit. If you decide to go somewhere else and/or on a different date, you can use the money already paid but just top it up with the change fees and any difference in fare. Similarly, if you want to sell it to a friend that is possible, although again there are name-change fees and you have to pay any differences in fares.

Couldn't you persuade your partner not to split until after the holiday?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure