The Great 'Get Paid To Generate Energy' Hunt

Options

Comments

• Twosheds
    Options
    Can anyone in the south east (Kent) recommend a good installer of a PV system?
  • Solargain
    Options
    Twosheds wrote: »
    Can anyone in the south east (Kent) recommend a good installer of a PV system?

I'm not in your area, but I can recommend Tesco Home Efficiency.

You'll find the prices on their website, and that's the price they charged us. Lowest price we found, and they did a superb job.
  • Twosheds
    Options
    Thanks Solargain - I'll take a look at them.
    Has anyone experience of having PV slates (or tiles) installed instead of the normal panels?
    I've found 2 companies that manufacture them - Solar Century and Heritage - finding a company that installs them seems to be a bit harder.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Twosheds wrote: »
    Has anyone experience of having PV slates (or tiles) installed instead of the normal panels?
    I've found 2 companies that manufacture them - Solar Century and Heritage - finding a company that installs them seems to be a bit harder.

Are they MCS approved?
  • decsdad
    decsdad Posts: 265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tesco do the in roof panels too, for an extra cost
  • Mcfi5dhc
    Options
    Cardew wrote: »
    Are they MCS approved?

The following Solar Century tiles are MCS approved:

C21e Tile M52D
    C21e Slate M52D

There is probably more, but in a nutshell, they are allowed.

There is a premium on the price on them (e.g. 2kwp of tiles costs more than 2kwp of panels that get bolted to your roof), but if your roof is in dire need of replacement, they may be a good financial choice. Otherwise, they are a premium choice for those who think the current panels are less than attractive (if that is important to you)

To check if any other panels are MCS compliant, go to:
    http://www.microgenerationcertification.org/Home+and+Business+Owners/Microgeneration+Products/Solar+Photovoltaic
  • Darkseid
    Options
    Sorry to be dense, but I need a second cataract op and the first one's gone cloudy, so it's really, really hard to trawl through these boards right now. Basically: I live on a 4.5-acre smallholding in North Wales, disabled, low income etcetera, and I've tried signing up for the ISIS f.t.t. solar panels but it's obviously a lengthy process as I live above the Oxfordshire line they're operating to.

Given I've got a fair amount of land on the side of the Berwyn Mountains, are there similar f.i.t. schemes for wind turbines or even *-source heat pumps?

Much obliged for help with my hopework! Many thanks indeed.
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Hi Dark...Ring the EST Wales. Phone 0800512012 and ask about RHI.
  • Darkseid
    Options
    I took your advice and called them, Ken. Thanks - they sound really helpful, and they're sending out literature and their resident microgeneration expert will call next week. Brilliant!
  • mongmoney
    Options
    I really want to install PV panels but the initial outlay is putting me off. I wondered if anyone in Leicester has had them fitted, and what kind of level of generation you are managing to get?
    Jan GC £28-49/£120 NSD's 15/17
    Dec GC £90-90/£140 NSD's 17/18
    Storms make oaks take deeper root
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills