Options

Comments

• themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope it goes well for DD tonight!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks vix, it went really well and they raised nearly £8k for the teenage cancer trust :) some trains not running tonight though so a long tube home to go still. I wish I was not up at six!

Spending today £20 petrol, £30 charity donation and about £8 tube probably.
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We've been to Rome and loved it and even without expensive meals out (we were so busy we ate on the go) we still spent a lot and that was because of the paid attractions. Where are you visiting on your cruise?

A self-confessed Christmas film fan here and am missing having sky movies, there's some good ones on n3tflix but not the usual classics and I can't find a pile of our DVD's.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • newgirly
    Options
    Hi Cath, the cruise is stopping at Rome for the day so we can do a trip to the colosseum which is on dh’s wish list.
    Have you looked at now tv ? It’s sky movies but without a contract, amazon had a month voucher for £8 the other day, worth it over December :) ds2 has just gone to see elf at the cinema, so jealous but too tired to join him :D

Loooong day today, the boiler was leaking water this morning which I had to stick a saucepan under and leave and now we have no heating :( the hot water is still on though which is the main thing, the builders next door to work have lent us loads of fan heaters.
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'll have a look into it thanks, we would definitely get our money's worth!

The Colosseum is amazing, I'm
    Tempted by a cruise and my youngest who is 8 wants to go on one too!

Hope the boiler gets sorted, at least the weather isn't too cold at the moment. Although I have seen rumours of snow in the not too distant future!
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • newgirly
    Options
    Hope it doesn’t snow right now :eek: Eight is certainly under the average age of cruises goers we see :D there are ships that are brilliant for kids though.

Xmas best friend day out has unfortunately been changed to just a night at the theatre due to her youngest being ill today, unfortunate timing but that’s what tends to happen with kids :o

Little spending done online today, as no day out! £14.99 for articulate board game ordered (reduced from £33) for over Xmas, we are stuck in a board game rut of monopoly which is a big time commitment not to mention it can turn nasty :rotfl: will also be buying jenga and connect four as they are cheap at arg@s at the moment, we have played them a bit in a pub and York and they are quick and fun for big groups. :D £8.97 on 3x scarves for the local little homeless charity amazon wish list.
  • newgirly
    edited 6 December 2019 at 9:04AM
    Options
    Mixed day yesterday, the show “white Christmas” was lovely last night, but unfortunately dh text while I was out that the plumber had suggested a new boiler needs fitting :( it would need another major repair that will cost many £100’s and is not really worthy it as it has corroded underneath in places.

I’m hoping that the same guy will be able to fit a new one ASAP (he is employed by the builder next door) but they are very busy and I think he’s the only boiler guy there. Plus my of course the cost! We need a reasonably good one a small it’s a three floor house with many people who take long showers :rotfl: I’m guessing around £2k?

Today will be spent trying to find £2k in the budget basically! I do have a surplus but it’s not that kind of surplus :o
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Our boiler was £1400 ish, then it was pipes, labour, time clock... I've recorded £2.6k … pricey really. I've seen notices in town for "new boiler £995" . I think we were had.

What a pain... :(
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • newgirly
    Options
    I don’t know mfd’s I doubt it can be a great boiler fitted for under £1k. We will need a good one really as it will need to get up to the top floor. £2600 doesn’t t actually seem that bad, I think we will be looking at £3k odd. It does feel like money for nothing though :o

£20.05 spent on an Indian takeaway for ds1 and I tonight, and that was shamefully AFTER I went shopping at @ldi tonight :! Got something for everyone but me and was then very hungry and lazy, terrible and I have no excuse.

Sunday I’m doing our pre Xmas, Xmas dinner. Bought a frozen turkey today , only £12.99 serving 7-11 , I thought that seemed cheap, plus cranberry and gin gammon (yuk) and a ton of veg , cheese and naughty bits. Total cost £104 including a few bits not for the dinner :eek: There’s will be eleven people but it’s still rather a lot...

£30.16 op’d today from tcb paying out :T
  • newgirly
    Options
    Crazy busy this weekend, “Christmas dinner” went really well Sunday, it was however exhausting and expensive even when doing it on budget.

We have a new boiler :T my dad very kindly offered to pay and I gratefully accepted as we didn’t have the money :o it went in today and is now warming the house up nicely :D highly embarrassing though as I didn’t click that he would need to go both on our bedroom and bathroom on the top floor and I was mid way through xmas wrapping, it was carnage as he tried to pick his way through piles of presents and rubbish :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback