We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

1…707708710712713…949

Comments

  • greent
    greent Posts: 11,108
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Big (((hugs))) for you, ng xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20

    2026 Declutter campaign awards 2x star
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 9,603
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    That's very kind thanks, it feels like it's been a really long day although it's still early, so I'm off to bed :)
    MFW 67 - Finally mortgage free! 💙😁
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 9,805
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic
    Forumite
    Sorry to hear that Valentine's is always a sad day for you NG. Hope you were gentle on yourself (and are today too).
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

    'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway


  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 9,603
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thanks vix :)

    Day at home planned today, tons of washing and cleaning to do (and lots of internet mooching!) going to see fifty shades with best friend, Dd and her stepdaughter tonight, not my cup of tea but I have been told I must go :rotfl:

    Hanging in there with the budget so far, approx £65 left but i need to pay for Nando's for Dd and I tonight before the film. Unless I've missed something it's not going to last until march!
    MFW 67 - Finally mortgage free! 💙😁
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,135
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I'm supposed to be being productive but still on here ;)
    Nov 2025 - part 1 - £13,878 part 2 - £20,953 Total - £34,832 24 months to go!
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 14,746
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Shhh - me too :o
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 9,603
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Feel free too hang out here whilst pretending to be productive :rotfl:
    MFW 67 - Finally mortgage free! 💙😁
  • Ooh I'm hanging out here too (whilst watching the olympics and trying to 'create' money just by fiddling with ynab)
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 9,603
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    :rotfl: I've "created" some money today by finding I skip two months worth of water charges per year, that's going in my secret holiday savings pot :beer:
    MFW 67 - Finally mortgage free! 💙😁
  • newgirly wrote: »
    :rotfl: I've "created" some money today by finding I skip two months worth of water charges per year, that's going in my secret holiday savings pot :beer:

    My creativity involved persuading the gas/electric company into refunding me £150 of the £232 I am in credit with them by. (I wanted to leave some buffer there, because it is still artic round here)
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.