Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• pammyj74
    pammyj74 Posts: 3,290 Forumite
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    Morning everyone,
    I have made my first overpayment now, but as I have just changed rate they left my 1st months payment at 961 instead of the 1372 it now is , so I could only over pay by 20% of that instead.
    I have put the left over money I still have in my new isa. My boys have decided they would like a party, somewhere this year ( not in the garden!) so I am also saving for that now.

We are away today after school until monday, have got my clubcard theme park vouchers:A, and am taking dinner for tonight and lots of snacks, but will eat out a few times as we have been given some money to take to treat us and the kids:j, by a very kind friend who OH has been helping out.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great bank hol. x

well done on your first of many OPs.

I was thinking of having a garden party in the summer for the kids and family and friends. Would need to get a new BBQ first.

hope you all have a nice weekend x
    MPs left feb '08 276- Dec 13 36 :T MB Jan 10 ~ £82,377 Dec 13 ~ £29987
    EMFD was Feb 32 :eek: NOW Dec 2013 its Dec 2016
    MF new target Dec 16 REACHED!! :j
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Totally agree with the 'you need to have some fun sometimes' mentality, otherwise it all becomes a chore and you can resent it and go off on a splurge (bit like diets, really - which reminds me, I haven't weighed myself yet.....)

Well done on the OP and have a great time this weekend! x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi, had a good weekend, but have a mountain of washing to get through!

Have been updating my signature as I have got my no.s through for the virtual sealed pot challenge, and the MFW 2010 !

I must be really keen if I am on here before I have finished unpacking, it is a good sign I think :rotfl:

Made a little error with my banking though and transfered mine and OH's monthly money online, and there was not enough to cover it, oops!, its all my own fault, just having a daft moment, anyway managed to get away with it as bank have said as its a first offence they will refund the charges YAY!!! won't be doing that again.

Have got the kids at home all week, am going to try and keep costs down , but have birthday parties so may not do that well.

Am off to start dinner for DH and me, fed up with the washing already!:)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Options
    Well it seems i am even more useless than I thought with internet banking, I have now managed to make THREE transfers this week when there was not enough money to cover them, I have managed to get two refunded but its still going to cost me £35. I think I shall stick to transfers over the phone in future!

I haven't managed to do many surveys lately, but on the upside haven't been out and spent this week other than food.

Am spending a little too much time on rightmove at the moment, looking at houses that are a bit bigger. This is our third property since we married 14 years ago, but we have been in it 9 years now, and I really feel like a change.
    I know we should stay here longer and pay off the mortgage , but it would be great to have an extra bedroom so I wouldn't have to keep dealing with the twins mucking about every bedtime. :(
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • pammyj74
    pammyj74 Posts: 3,290 Forumite
    Options
    It is nice to have a look at what is around. One day you might see a house you fall in love with. I know what its like to keep looking but I know I will be in my house for a good few years yet but it doesnt stop me looking.

How are you transferring money if its not there to transfer? I cant transfer unless the money is in my account.
    MPs left feb '08 276- Dec 13 36 :T MB Jan 10 ~ £82,377 Dec 13 ~ £29987
    EMFD was Feb 32 :eek: NOW Dec 2013 its Dec 2016
    MF new target Dec 16 REACHED!! :j
  • newgirly
    edited 2 June 2010 at 10:34PM
    Options
    My new A +L account lets me set it up for whatever day I want it to come out, so it was a week in advance, but the incoming money went to a different A/C, Plus I managed to set up the same incorrect payment twice, genius!:rotfl:
  • newgirly
    Options
    I have just made my second mortgage O/P of £274.

My mortgage balance as of today is £160,263 plus the 0% card £9804.19
    so new total is

£170,067

I think I shall have to get rid of that £67 asap!
    new daily interest rate is now £15.08

I really need to spend some time learning how to sell on ebay, still hav'nt got round to it yet, although I don't seem to have any problems buying on there :)
  • SmlSave
    SmlSave Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 June 2010 at 11:46AM
    Options
    Oh, newgirly!!!! I heard somewhere its free listing on ebay one day this weekend.......maybe pammy said bout it?

P.S. I've never bougth or sold anything on ebay yet :o its on my to-do list

IT's SUNDAY! (for the free listing - just saw it)
    Currently studying for a Diploma - wish me luck :)

Phase 1 - Emergency Fund - Complete :j
    Phase 2 - £20,000 Mortgage Fund - Underway
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    SmlSave wrote: »
    P.S. I've never bougth or sold anything on ebay yet :o its on my to-do list

IT's SUNDAY! (for the free listing - just saw it)

An ebay virgin?! Wow...that's a rarity nowadays...:rotfl::rotfl:
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • newgirly
    Options
    thanks smlsave, i am going to borrow a camera (the cat broke mine!) and give it a go :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback