Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It was good pearla, they do often do "encores" of these screenings if its a really popular one ;)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Pearla*Merle
    Options
    Ooh, I shall most certainly keep my eyes peeled then :D
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • norfolkdream
    Options
    Hi Newgirly,
    I'm a newbie but an oldie, we have spoke in the past on here and I am just reading through members that I remember.
    Thought I would pop in and say hi (trying to get my post figure up lol) cant say who I was on here though as had a stalker ;)
    MFW 16 No 33
    2016 OP Paid/Target 2063/£2063 (100%) COMPLETE
    Mortgage Free - Apr 2016 -DONE!:j
  • newgirly
    Options
    Hi and welcome back mystery person, I think I know who you are :D however I could be completely wrong :rotfl:

I shall keep up with your new diary and all the best of luck, its amazing the mortgage could be cleared in a couple of years well done :T
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Options
    Up early today as dd is visiting dh's brother and family in lincoln with my inlaws , she hasn't seen her cousin since they moved over a year ago, so I've given her money for dinner out.

Ds1's plaster cast was changed to a removable one yesterday so he can shower without it and he won't need to go back to have it removed in a few weeks :T car parking in pets at h*me was not possible they have wardens now , so hospital parking cost £3.60 instead, how to people cope having to go and visit all the time , its so expensive.

No plans this weekend except all the housework and washing that's usually done on a Friday, I'm trying to get ds2 to take dh out somewhere so I can get on in peace, dh is very stressed out at the moment, work issues still nowhere near being resolved and lots of unpleasant emails from the other party (always last thing on a Friday for maximum stress over the weekend :mad:) so I will try and persuade them to go to the £4 cinema , that will cheer him up.

Back later to read diaries.
  • newgirly
    Options
    A whole day wasted yesterday doing something a little naughty - looking at cars :eek:

We are thinking of getting a second car again, which we don't actually need yet.

Pros:
    Dd is leaning to drive in summer and can't use our big car (£6000 to add her as a driver)

I don't want to get her a car as I would have to do that for the twins as well and we don't want 4 cars and sometimes a work van

Petrol is costing a lot more than previously, I am driving a Zafira to work and the journey is 1.5 - 2 hrs daily

I want a little cute car :D

Cons:

Don't need the car

Its money that could go elsewhere :p

I've been looking on fleabay for a while as we are something very small with low mileage but quite old , and that's not so easy to find. We went to view a ford ka yesterday but it was a bit tatty, do I wait until she has passed her test or bite the bullet now and use it to commute? Dd won't be using it for college most days it will be more for social use.
  • never_too_old
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    A whole day wasted yesterday doing something a little naughty - looking at cars :eek:

We are thinking of getting a second car again, which we don't actually need yet.

Pros:
    Dd is leaning to drive in summer and can't use our big car (£6000 to add her as a driver)

I don't want to get her a car as I would have to do that for the twins as well and we don't want 4 cars and sometimes a work van

Petrol is costing a lot more than previously, I am driving a Zafira to work and the journey is 1.5 - 2 hrs daily

I want a little cute car :D

Cons:

Don't need the car

Its money that could go elsewhere :p

I've been looking on fleabay for a while as we are something very small with low mileage but quite old , and that's not so easy to find. We went to view a ford ka yesterday but it was a bit tatty, do I wait until she has passed her test or bite the bullet now and use it to commute? Dd won't be using it for college most days it will be more for social use.

Morning i would like a small car but whilst i cant afford it or afford to buy DD a car she is on my insurance. I have same car as you and she is a named temp driver (can be temp for ever) £30 a week i can stop and start as i please.Cheaper than her getting her own insurance.DD passed in December and handles my car really well even though she would prefer her own little car beggars cant be choosers :rotfl:
    MAKE £2022 in 2022 no 29 £2022/£434.10
    Mortgage@ 1/1/2022 £17540 / £1601.39
    pay all your debts by xmas 2022 £15000/ £1865.29

https://www.facebook.com/groups/680889456637403
    you tube channel never too old
  • newgirly
    Options
    Hi nto, thanks for popping in I hope you are well :)
    That's very interesting to hear , I had no idea that was possible, to be honest I think we will get a second car anyway at some point but either way its a great idea for the first few years until costs go down a lot (hopefully!) I will look into it, thanks :D
  • norfolkdream
    Options
    I didnt know you could do temp insurance either, doesnt sound expensive when you say £30 a week but its still £1500+ a year. My eldest wants to learn to drive as its easier to get a job, but cant afford it all til he gets a job, catch 22!!!
    MFW 16 No 33
    2016 OP Paid/Target 2063/£2063 (100%) COMPLETE
    Mortgage Free - Apr 2016 -DONE!:j
  • newgirly
    Options
    Oh dear :( it is so much harder than it was 20 years ago, I really hope your ds finds work soon.

I've not had the best of days today, dh is more than a little stressed and it does not make for a happy home :( the dry feb has finished before it started (weekends at least) so I'm about to cheer myself up with a glass of red and a good go through the accounts.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback