• southerndave
    Options
    Busy bee!! ;)
  • tootoo
    tootoo Posts: 681 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    gosh you sound busy new girl.
    Hope you manage a few minutes to relax tonight :)
    MFW.....Apr 33 Aim - Dec 26
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi tootoo and southerndave thanks for popping in, the list is still fairly long :o I spent the morning cooking shepherds pie and a sausage and chickpea casserole then this afternoon painting the new bedroom (finished more all less except woodwork) and then had the inlaws to visit.

Shattered now not helped by the boys having an argument which ended in spilt water over some video games, they are both quite tired so are in bed and I will sort them out tomorrow, you would think at 13 I would not have to be running up and downstairs dealing with their disputes :mad:
    Anyway, we were planning to watch a movie tonight but i'm so tired i don't think i will stay awake!
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • southerndave
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    Shattered now not helped by the boys having an argument which ended in spilt water over some video games, they are both quite tired so are in bed and I will sort them out tomorrow, you would think at 13 I would not have to be running up and downstairs dealing with their disputes

You'd think! Remove offending game.......
  • newgirly
    Options
    How strange, the reply I wrote to SD has gone! Hi Sd I took the games console away not the game, I can be ruthless when I am trying to watch strictly :rotfl:

Its been manic here , we are trying to get the painting done as there is a carpet guy coming to measure up on Friday evening. I dread to think how much we have spent on all of this work, although its still way cheaper than moving to a 4 bed here, they start at roughly double what our 3 bed terrace on a main rd was worth. I think adding the loft room has pushed the value up by at least what is cost though, I think the house is probably worth £280-300K hopefully , prices have shot up in the last yr here, not helpful to the kids though when their time comes :(

We are off to Alton towers at 6am tomorrow, quite mse as we have the passes to use and I got cheap ticket for DD's friend last time for just £15. We are staying in a farm cottage this time instead of a premier in which is costing £140 for 2 nights for 6 of us and its closer to the park :T As its SC I can take food (if it fits in the car!) and we will just eat out once on Halloween night and we get 20% off with the passes too, so not too bad.

Off to start tidying in packing again, the house is a bomb site as we had builders all day yesterday and I need to finish packing do washing and ironing and clean the car out , back later and sorry I have not be popping into diaries this week :o
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • SmlSave
    SmlSave Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lots of luck getting the painting all done NG :) I bet the place looks fab and like you say, much cheaper than moving!

Enjoy Alton Towers and a farm cottage sounds much nicer than premier inn.
    Currently studying for a Diploma - wish me luck :)

Phase 1 - Emergency Fund - Complete :j
    Phase 2 - £20,000 Mortgage Fund - Underway
  • sleepygirl126
    Options
    let us know how you get on....we are planning to do the same with alton towers and stay locally too!! Have fun!!
    Original mortgage £154,850 (2013)
    Mortgage now £148,370.15:beer:

Original savings £0 (2013)
    Savings now £3000 in ISA and premium bonds
    £60 in mini savings pot, £600 in Xmas vouchers
  • newgirly
    Options
    Whoooo Internet at the cottage working :j we still have none at home!

The farm cottage we are staying in is lovely, much nicer than it looked in the photos, I have not seen outside yet as it was dark when we arrived but its very spacious and clean , the farmer popped in to show is the Internet last night and seemed very friendly, so all good!

Hi sleepy girl , if you pm me I will send you the details :)

Yesterday was the busiest I have ever seen alton towers, the queue to buy the fast track tickets was 30 mins long :rotfl: I over heard 2 mums in front of me chatting that they did'nt want to stay late and would leave in a couple of hours , then spent £100 on fast track vouchers for rides , ouch! ( I was buying a return ticket for today) I was mse, took packed breakfast/lunch and cooked at the cottage last night, dh has so far bought photos £20 , doughnuts , chips and AT monopoly £30 :eek: as the twins wanted it "as an early Xmas present" pah, what a soft touch.

We are attempting to arrive an hour before it opens , sounds crazy but they want to go on the the new ride so we will run to the back of the park straight away, hopefully they will get on it as the queue was too long at the fast track tickets £10 each for one go.

Only problem is I can't find a thermostat for the heating and its boiling here, so not used to having it on:D

Oops nearly forgot HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
  • newgirly
    Options
    Its been a manic few days, the trip went really well , however the journey back that should have taken just under 3 hours ended up taking 10 and a 1/2 hours :eek: they shut the M25 just before our turn off so we were parked up for hours, the kids were great though considering.

Last night we went to my best friends house warming / Halloween party which was great, we went as corpse bride and groom. A little too much wine though , so a slow start to today for me.

DH has the keys to his new premises now, it will take a few weeks to shift everything from the old place to the new so the official move date is the 21st nov. That's when I will start as a proper paid employee, I can't wait to start earning again :T

I need to do lots of ironing today, meal planning and some tidying up if I can muster the energy!
  • southerndave
    Options
    10 hours? Aren't road closures great?!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family