🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Campervan hire Western Australia

Options
Hi everyone,

My OH and I are going on Honeymoon to Perth to see OH's relatives for a week or so at the end of November. We are planning to then hire a campervan to have a look around the south western tip of Oz for 10 days or there abouts.

Had a search on the forums but nothing really came up so - does anyone have any recommendations for campervan hire in Wesstern Australia?

Thanks!
Regards, Robin.
2011 MFW # 34
Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
Estimated MFD - [STRIKE]Sept 2039[/STRIKE]
, April 2031 (in progress!)

Comments

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Depends what you are after. Are you looking for something budget or something newer and reliable?

We are off to Oz soon and we are renting a four berth from Kea. http://www.keacampers.com.au. Kea are supposed to be the best, but if you can wait until after the middle of June, I can let you know what we thought of them.

All the big companies such as Kea, Maui and Apollo have depots in Perth.

I presume it's Perth you will be staying?
  • RTNI
    RTNI Posts: 817 Forumite
    Options
    I think we would be looking for something in-between budget and higher spec if that makes sence - I'll check out that site thanks for the link.

If you could let me know how you get on with Kea that would be super!

Staying in Perth with family who will take us round for the first week or so and then we plan to head off on our own for 10 days or there abouts to the south.
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
    Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
  • Incapuppy
    Incapuppy Posts: 5,713 Forumite
    Options
    I should think there will be plenty of info on the Trip Advisor forums.
  • Mr_Lahey
    Mr_Lahey Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    Options
    Incapuppy wrote: »

You're on commission aren't you :D
    The Summer Holiday of a Lifetime
  • Incapuppy
    Incapuppy Posts: 5,713 Forumite
    Options
    Mr_Lahey wrote: »
    You're on commission aren't you :D

Oh heck, I've been rumbled! :rotfl:
  • RTNI
    Options
    Incapuppy wrote: »
    D'oh! Why didn't I think of that! :o Will check that out and see if any info comes up.

Thanks!
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
  • Nicholas
    Options
    I would have mentioned Trip Advisor, but when you said you have been on the forums, I assumed that you meant all relevant forums.....:)
  • RTNI
    Options
    Nicholas wrote: »
    I would have mentioned Trip Advisor, but when you said you have been on the forums, I assumed that you meant all relevant forums.....:)

Just had a look on MSE forums, but plan to check out Trip advisor later this evening. Any other forums that people recommend?
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
  • Nicholas
    Options
    RTNI wrote: »
    Just had a look on MSE forums, but plan to check out Trip advisor later this evening. Any other forums that people recommend?

http://www.goseeaustralia.com.au/forumspage.asp

http://www.discovery-campervans.com.au/whichcampervan.php
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills