🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Telewest phone/TV/broadband package

Options
For the past 3-4years I've subscribed to Telewest's 3-part package, paying £75 a month for phone (free calls except mobiles, 0870 etc & international) + broadband + cable TV.
Can anyone advise me if there's a better deal on offer; and if so what I do about our cable connexion?
I'm getting a bit old for keeping up with the constant money-saving deals on offer these days!
Perhaps there needs to be a chatroom for oldies?
Thank you -
Tim

Comments

• stiffnuts69
    stiffnuts69 Posts: 442 Forumite
    Options
    Dear Tim

Hello

Please do not take this the wrong way but you are likely to get little response. The reason for this is that there are a number of different and very recent threads on the matter of sky/ntl/telewest. Go back over the last week both here on the internet board and on the shop but dont drop board and you will find what your looking for. If you are still unsure then maybe you could ask a more specific question, there are lots of people here who know their stuff.

There is a sticky at the top of internet access to get you started.
  • timpaine
    Options
    What do you mean "dont drop board"?
    I don't think I could be more 'specific', could I?
  • CharleneUK
    CharleneUK Posts: 3,206 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Tim, check out this thread: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=77342

I've managed to get my TV/phone/broadband down from£57 pm to £45

And my nan's down by £9.50.
    "I did then, what I knew then. And when I knew better, I did better"
  • stiffnuts69
    stiffnuts69 Posts: 442 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Tim

I was not having a go its just that your question was a general one rather than a specfic one i.e is there a better offer out there.

Its the shop but dont drop board its good for picking up ideas certainly the digital cost cutting artice is on there, see this link for more info.

It has a mix of both Sky and NTL.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=1136799#post1136799
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    timpaine wrote:
    For the past 3-4years I've subscribed to Telewest's 3-part package, paying £75 a month for phone (free calls except mobiles, 0870 etc & international) + broadband + cable TV.
    Can anyone advise me if there's a better deal on offer; and if so what I do about our cable connexion?
    I'm getting a bit old for keeping up with the constant money-saving deals on offer these days!
    Thank you -
    Tim
    With BT, the landline (BT Together Option 1, paid by DD) would cost £11 per month.

With Sky, their top channel package would cost £42.50 per month and, as a subscriber, you could also subscribe to their new Sky Talk package (all UK 01/02 calls included at any time) for £5 per month and free broadband.

That's £58.50 per month.

Dump cable.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • hurrah
    hurrah Posts: 1,373 Forumite
    Options
    timpaine wrote:

Welcome Tim.

Their is one . ;)

See http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.html?f=26
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business