M&S Mini Cash ISA now UP to 4.75% (from 4.50%)

Options
To keep with their guarantee to match with the BoE Base Rate, M&S have increased their Mini Cash ISA back up to 4.75% with immediate effect.

Hardly seemed worth decreasing it...

Comments

• Sazbo
    Sazbo Posts: 4,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    isasmurf wrote:
    To keep with their guarantee to match with the BoE Base Rate, M&S have increased their Mini Cash ISA back up to 4.75% with immediate effect.

Hardly seemed worth decreasing it...

Just wondered has anyone had a letter from M&S saying the rate's been increased? Don't think I've had one yet, but maybe it's on it's way?
    4 May 2010 <3
  • Optimist
    Optimist Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Dont care now. I transfered mine to B&B (rate now 5.15%) when M&S dropped the rate from 4.75% to 4.5 %. Probably put it back up as a result of the snotty letter I send them LOL !!
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell. British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
  • Lyncroft
    Lyncroft Posts: 218 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Letter says only guaranteed to match the BOE rate till Dec 2006.
  • emphatiC_hanK
    Options
    Optimist wrote:
    Dont care now. I transfered mine to B&B (rate now 5.15%) when M&S dropped the rate from 4.75% to 4.5 %. Probably put it back up as a result of the snotty letter I send them LOL !!

I switched to B&B from M&S as well, but their website still states 5.00% for its Direct ISA (ie: no increase after the BofE base rate 1/4 point increase.)

:A emphatiC_hanK :A
  • Optimist
    Optimist Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I switched to B&B from M&S as well, but their website still states 5.00% for its Direct ISA (ie: no increase after the BofE base rate 1/4 point increase.)

:A emphatiC_hanK :A

They sent a email out last week to say that Esavings were going up to 5.10% and the ISA was going to 5.15%

http://hearfrom.com/bbg/esavings1.html
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell. British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
  • emphatiC_hanK
    Options
    Thanks for the information, an extra 0.15% will come in very handy indeed.

I assume that as a brand new customer I've yet to make it to their e-mail distribution list, although you would have expected them to have updated their website by now.

[edit: it seems they have updated the site, but as it's not effective for another week it's hidden well away.]

:A emphatic_hanK :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport