What can I do with my Unit Trust Maxi ISA?

Options
I have a New Star Technology Unit Trust Maxi ISA (originally Aberdeen) which I invested 7k in around of the Tech Stock 'high'. Its now worth around 1500 and I cant see that improving anytime soon.

What are my options? Rather than sell it, can I move it to another unit trust and, if so, which one? Can I do this myself or does it have to be done through an IFA?

Comments

• Debt_Free_Chick
    Debt_Free_Chick Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What are my options? Rather than sell it, can I move it to another unit trust and, if so, which one? Can I do this myself or does it have to be done through an IFA?

You can do it direct with New Star if you want to invest in a different New Star fund. Simply call the dealing room on 0845 608 8703. See here for more information

If you want another fund manager, other than New Star, consider re-registering your ISA with a fund supermarket like Fidelity and then switch to any fund they offer. I think Fidelity cover pretty much every fund with every fund manager you could possibly be interested in.
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks. Would Fidelity suggest another fund to me or would I have to research that myself (or via an IFA) then tell them what one to move it to?
  • Debt_Free_Chick
    Debt_Free_Chick Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Research yourself - sorry :(

But there are full details of each fund on the Fidelity website. Whilst you're there ... Register and then use the Portfolio Planner. Nifty little tool to help you decide how to spread your funds across different types of funds. Even if you don't follow the suggestions, it's very educational and well worth spending an hour or so fiddling around with it.
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure