From IB to ESA. Worried!!

Options

Comments

• happy_lass
    happy_lass Posts: 464 Forumite
    Options
    :wave:just googled PCA too. Understand now !
    life is what you make it, make it fun !
  • sunnyone
    sunnyone Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There is no IB for life, there are people exempt from PCA but who may have to get there GP to fill out a form that I cant remember the number of or even randomly can get a IB50.

The clause that excludes people from ESA medicals about the risk to them isnt being used or all the people claiming on MH grounds wouldnt be posting here!

I am exempt from the PCA and severly disabled but like everyone else Im worried about the change over, the protection given during IB has been totally removed, so has the right to medicals at home unless you do a lot more than demending it with GPs backing you up.
  • healy
    healy Posts: 5,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    sunnyone wrote: »
    There is no IB for life, there are people exempt from PCA but who may have to get there GP to fill out a form that I cant remember the number of or even randomly can get a IB50.

The clause that excludes people from ESA medicals about the risk to them isnt being used or all the people claiming on MH grounds wouldnt be posting here!

I am exempt from the PCA and severly disabled but like everyone else Im worried about the change over, the protection given during IB has been totally removed, so has the right to medicals at home unless you do a lot more than demending it with GPs backing you up.

The form is an IB113.
  • NASA_2
    NASA_2 Posts: 5,571 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing is straightforward with ESA. It will be very interesting to see how many people fail the WCA but had passed the PCA easily. Its an extremely stringent test.
  • tazwhoever
    tazwhoever Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    if the person is ill, and they GP/Consultants agree, but the ATOS disagrees, what would happened? JSA is not right based on ATOS, when GP/Consultants disagrees!
  • tonycarew
    tonycarew Posts: 239 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I can only imagine that the "Gates of Hell" will be opened when they eventually start the full scale migration.As I understand it at the moment there is already a horendous backlog of appeals from people who have 'failed' the ESA medical.
    This backlog will increase many fold with the introduction of the migration.
    In my opinion the ESA asessment is far too strict and totally unfair.The 'bar' will have to be lowered or the whole system will simply grind to a halt.
  • NASA_2
    Options
    tonycarew wrote: »
    I can only imagine that the "Gates of Hell" will be opened when they eventually start the full scale migration.As I understand it at the moment there is already a horendous backlog of appeals from people who have 'failed' the ESA medical.
    This backlog will increase many fold with the introduction of the migration.
    In my opinion the ESA asessment is far too strict and totally unfair.The 'bar' will have to be lowered or the whole system will simply grind to a halt.
    I think barring the right to appeal would solve the problem:j
  • nogginthenog
    nogginthenog Posts: 2,649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tazwhoever wrote: »
    if the person is ill, and they GP/Consultants agree, but the ATOS disagrees, what would happened? JSA is not right based on ATOS, when GP/Consultants disagrees!

One of the criteria would be, whether any statements were opinions or legal facts
    Child of a Fighting Race.
  • NASA_2
    Options
    tazwhoever wrote: »
    It is irrelevant what the GP thinks.

They should be the last people to decide benefit entitlement.
  • suelees1
    suelees1 Posts: 1,617 Forumite
    Options
    NASA wrote: »
    It is irrelevant what the GP thinks.

They should be the last people to decide benefit entitlement.

I feel that this can often be said about the DWP - the mess they can make of claims and awards
    I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport