Virgin Media Experience

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
Rembrandt_2Rembrandt_2 Forumite
2 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
Hi all,

I recently signed up to a virgin media package with basic TV channels, 20meg internet unlimited downloads and a phone line with free weekend UK calls. This was all installed for free including a free wireless N router.

This was installed Wednesday afternoon however couldn't be activated due to some outage stopping all new users from having their accounts activated. Come Thursday we still had no service with a second fault knocking all internet and tv service from my post code in London. We finally got up and running on Friday evening, however Monday morning its down again and we've been advised a technican won't be able to attend until Tuesday 6th April. SO basically we are only to have internet and TV access for 3 of our first 14 days with Virgin.

Naturally I have made numerous calls to their helpdesks and have kept a document detailing every call and I have to say its its a bit of a horror story. From operators that didn't understand english, to being hung up on, transferred to wrong departments, being told my account didn't exist, being told I'm only eligible for £5.00 credit for the outage, to even bare faced lies "someone from the complaints department will call you within 24 hours" etc.

Anyway today I called to cancel the service, they talked me round by offering me an additional free months service, this is on top(I hope!!) of a previous £20.00 credit I was given after a good hour on the phone earlier in the week. They also said that the service I was experiencing was very unusual, now this comment more than the credit made me decide not to cancel as I thought it would be a real waste of a good deal if good service was simply only another week away.

So anyway eventually to my point, how has others Virgin media experiences been? How about support when things go wrong? And how often do things go wrong? Have I just been lied to yet again or are my experiences just the exception not the norm.

Cheers,
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals