American Airlines big flight sale: New York £299, Boston £313, Dallas £385 and more

Options
13»

Comments

• helenrostron
    Options
    Originally Posted by duchy
    Out of London they are fine- I've heard the Manchester flight isn't as good though but hear good things about Delta from Manchester. Quite honestly there isn't much to choose between them all in economy to LAX though-an economy seat and an airline meal is never going to be marvelous. Virgin used to be quite good but I don't go out of my way to fly them anymore even on the routes with better planes like LAX-it's not what it was and I wouldn't pay more to fly with them instead of AA.

How have you heard the Manchester to New York flight isn't any good when the route doesn't start until 13th May? I was looking to book flights in the sale but was keen to know why you thought the Manchester to New York flight wasn't any good?
  • 78mjt
    78mjt Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    Prices seem to have rocketed for flights from Manchester to NYC, can anyone help me please?
  • Applover
    Applover Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    78mjt wrote: »
    Prices seem to have rocketed for flights from Manchester to NYC, can anyone help me please?

It depends on when you are wanting to fly - what dates are you looking at?
  • duckbrfc
    duckbrfc Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    I'm struggling to find anything direct end of April
  • 78mjt
    78mjt Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    Applover wrote: »
    It depends on when you are wanting to fly - what dates are you looking at?

Have tried travelsupermarket, looking to go anytime really in the next 3-5 weeks. Everything seems to be 1 stop though and taking 12 hours, which is a nightmare.
  • zierisaver
    zierisaver Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    78mjt wrote: »
    Have tried travelsupermarket, looking to go anytime really in the next 3-5 weeks. Everything seems to be 1 stop though and taking 12 hours, which is a nightmare.

I've found them from Manchester for about £390, although it is one stop, but it's still pretty cheap. The alternative is to drive to London and stay there overnight. Some of the hotels to a pretty good deal on park and fly.
  • ludwigvon
    Options
    I've just returned from NY. We booked our tickets in January, and paid £360 each for DIRECT economy with Virgin. Legroom good, cabin service good, watched 4 films not yet released on DVD, and the flight time went quickly.

I think if you want the cheapest flights, book months in advance. I agree that these occasional sales LOOK good, but when you enter the website, the dates are limited or flights have several stopovers. As I have kids, I have limited date availability, so always book everything months in advance.

An NY travel tip. If you want to visit Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island, you must book months in advance, as numbers allowed up the monument are limited. Also, consider if you really want to go up the Statue, as it is very narrow, hot and crowded. A better option is the viewing platform from Rockefeller center-great on a clear day. I LOVED New York!
  • liycn
    liycn Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Simply because it does not search AA official website while Kayak and Fly.com do. I wish I remembered to use the other two websites before I confirmed my booking on Netflights through Travelsupermarket today because I paid £25 more for the same ticket. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure