Post Office Home Phone Overcharging

Options
Hermann
Hermann Posts: 1,360 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Our latest bill shows a 'billing refund' together with a note stating
Please note the credit on your bill. This is a refund for a historic billing inaccuracy where some of your calls were incorrectly rounded.
I have so far been unable to find any further information on this but presumably all Post Office Home Phone customers are affected.

We often think our bill is larger than it should be ... turns out we were right!

Of course there really is no way to check what you've been charged, even with itemised billing not every call is detailed.

Having been ripped off with their multi million pound VAT fiddle when I signed up, now this overcharging, I think its time to make a move!

I wondered if anyone had any more detail of the 'incorrect rounding' involved?

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 28 March 2010 at 9:02AM
    Options
    I'd have thought the fact that they corrected an error which you could not/cannot identify would make you want to stay rather than leave.

BTW, Primus doesn't give 'free' weekend calls to mobiles.

OTOH, Primus does provide fully itemised bills.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • herald188
    Options
    I had the same note and refund on my March bill.
    What I have noticed is that for the last three bills I haven't received my 10% "Loved Ones" discount, even though there were obviously calls to them on the itemised bill, they all showed zero calls in the list and there was even a side note suggesting that I changed the numbers as I hadn't used them.
    I contacted their customer services via e-mail, their reply was that they accepted that there was a mistake and it would be corrected in my next bill. It was blamed on a 'system error'.
    Well my next bill was available for download today, they have corrected the problem from last month's bill, but the same problem exists on this month's bill too.
    I have had a number of problems with Post Office Homephone's online billing in the past, including no bill being available for download, the wrong bill being downloaded or download failures. For a while they even started to send paper bills again (which were actually printouts that I should have been able to download myself but couldn't).
    I remarked to their Customer Service person that a lot of other customers must also be experiencing problems, he didn't comment at first but afterwards did admit that the problems affected a lot of customers and they were working to improve it.
    I won't hold my breath.
    It's a shame because otherwise the service is fine, pity their IT system isn't up to it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure