Advice on Summons for Water!

If you receive a summons for a debt, and fill in the section for admit claim and want time to pay.Is the CCJ awarded automatically because you have admitted it?

I want to know if I fill in an admit all of the debt, but need time to pay due to personal circumstances whether this will make any difference to the court just saying its an admittance and grantng the CCJ.

Advice appreciated. Thank you

Comments

• glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Is it a standard N1 Claim Form you've received from the court?

When you return the admission form, the court issues the CCJ which states how much and when you should pay.

If the court chose the repayment amount and you can't afford it, you must apply for redetermination. This must be done within 14 days.

If you pay the CCJ within 30 days, the record is not kept. Otherwise it is recorded for 6 years.
  • k1mmie
    k1mmie Posts: 833
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for your help. So you cannot avoid getting the CCJ unless you pay it in one lump sum within the 30 days after the CCJ has been awarded?

It is the standard form from Northampton, and The form states if you admit the debt but need time to pay the CCJ may be awarded. Does not say will.

Is there no way of delaying the CCj to get more time to pay? Do I have to acknowledge the form?
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,008
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Better to have acted before the summons was received surely? That simply results in extra costs being added.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport