Can I get Life of Balance deal??

In a bid to get a grip on my debts.... Has anyone tried and succeeded doing something similar??

I have 2 credit cards, one with Nationwide £1700 (around half its limit) another with Virgin (MBNA) £4700 (near its limit).

I have a now clear Barclaycard (recently transfered the remaining £235 to Nationwide card) with a paultry limit of £260, they reduced it to this when I transferred the (most of) balance to Virgin. - There were a couple of charges with Virgin for going over limit and one when accidentally payed under the min...

Does anyone think I have a chance in hell of applying for a LOB card with Barclaycard (Simplicity)... Or in fact anyone else. Obviously it'll be subject to credit checks etc. Are they likely to laugh in my face or consider me if I'm ditching the more expensive cards entirely...

I also have a personal loan with 45 months remaining @ £377 p/month to count against me.

Replies

• CannyJockCannyJock Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Standard advice is to check your own credit report, and if nothing adverse apply for one. Barclaycard has a pre-application checker you can try - though don't rely on the results being 100% accurate.

https://letmechoose.barclaycard.co.uk/

Personally, I'd be tempted to apply for one anyway. Any debt that you can move onto a lower APR will save you money in the long term.

Would be better moving this to the main credit card forum rather than in stoozing sub-board.
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." - Groucho Marx
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Free museums & galleries

Where to get your culture fix across the UK

MSE Deals