confused about orange contract

Options
Dear all

I had a contract with one of the phone dealer PHONE 4 FREE for twelve months and my network is orange. According to contract there was a cash back offer in end of every month .Its more then 3 months now and i havenot recieved any cash back money and later i asked to orange and they answered me that this company got a bank crupt. So if i dont get cash back then i cant afford this price plan and my dealer is already bankcrupt.
can i terminate my contract and start to use new phone or will orange give me my cash back money?
please write the suggession.

Dinesh

Comments

• reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,916 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    as far as im aware your screwed - orange have no obligation to give you cashback your only contract with them is to pay the line rental - nothing in that contract about cashback, if you want to terminate you have to buy out oranges contract so your line rental x months you have left
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • blinky
    blinky Posts: 1,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The cashback is nothing directly to do with Orange, your contract for the cashback is with retailer who have sadly gone under.

Cashback works on the fact the networks pay huge comissions to retailers when a contract is taken out + bonuses for hitting targets. They also factor in people no claiming cashback to work out the deals they can offer.

Your best hope is to talk to Orange and plead hardship and see if you can switch to a lower price plan.
    Hug provider for depression thread :grouphug:
    "I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell.." - Unwell by Matchbox Twenty
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family