n.t.l advice

in Phones & TV
2 replies 684 views
can anybody help ? i have an account with ntl, standard package ,telly broadband ,and phone .i phoned up 2 months ago because my bill has increased to approx £70 per month !!! the guy was very helpful and made some cuts here and there ,but this still only reduced the bill to £63 ,iam on the road alot so my oh phones my mobile alot ,do ntl do any deals on calling mobiles ? thanks

Replies

• HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's quite a long thread about NTL and cost-reduction - see HERE.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • KatykatKatykat Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    but briefly andyboy, NTL cusomer service can only give you limited discounts. You have to get through to disconnections who can offer more. I got a discount of £9.49 last year, but it wasn't enough. They refused to give me more, so I sent a letter giving 30 days notice to cancel my account. I would have rung a few days before to "change my mind", but a lovely guy rang and offered me a package that gave me £25 more discounts for a year. OK, they hope I'll get used to the free phone calls and extra TV channels & "forget to cancel them " in a year, but I wont. Try it, you've got nothing to lose, take a look at the thread that Heinz advised, many others have got these extra discounts.
    :smileyhea A SMILE COSTS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides