Options
124»

Comments

• Richard53
    Richard53 Posts: 3,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Fountainz wrote: »
    Has anyone with this problem ever had a drained battery? I left my cd player on over night once and the battery had completely gone. After bump starting the car and recharging it cut out a few times that day, after a good run for an hour it was fine. This was about a month or so ago and I thought it was just that the battery wasn't charged up enough, and everything was fine. Until it happened approaching a round about this morning. Am I going to have to fork out a lot of money?

How old is the battery? If it's 5 years old or so, then you have probably killed it by draining it overnight. Starter batteries don't like being fully discharged, and if it's getting on a bit this may have been the last straw for the poor old thing. I would say that if the battery was two years old or more, get a new one before you do any other diagnostics.

A battery is essentially a consumable item, like brake pads, and won't last for ever.
    If someone is nice to you but rude to the waiter, they are not a nice person.
  • lukerobitaille
    Options
    Did anyone find a proper solution for this? I've got the same issue. The car worked fine driving 30ks when driving in max 50kph. Then yesterday i drove 90kph for 20 min. And today same problem happened again. But this time it wont start. I changed sparking plugs. Whats the best idea now? Change coil pack? Or MAP sensor? Any suggestions?
  • SkintandFedup
    Options
    I've only had my 206 for two weeks and it's already been to the garage twice for different repairs! first was because the clutch broke but that's unrelated (I hope)!
    So I was driving to uni on Tuesday and it started juddering, kind of like I was in the wrong gear but more subtle, this totally freaked me out because last time that happened was about 10 minutes before the clutch broke. Took it to the garage and the mechanic said the engine was misfiring and it was probably the coils, put a new coil pack in and then found out that one of the injectors was broken but said it should be OK for a while.
    I started to drive home and got to a 50mph zone, traffic lights were at red so I was about to slow down and the whole engine cut out, battery lights went on and everything! Managed to get it going again (just turned the key a bit and it started again) and then a bit closer to home it did it again! Basically from what I've been reading I'm in a similar situation to what most people have been in. Has anyone had any luck fixing this and can any of you remember what had to be done? Sorry for the stupidly long post!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    When I had a 206, it was the injectors that were making it cut out at roundabouts, junctions, etc. Happened at 2 separate times a year apart, different injector each time. Tried coil pack but wasn't that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure