Lloyds Vantage

Options
Hi,

I opened up a Classic Vantage account on-line, and have now made my £7k investment. My intention was then to open two more accounts online via internet banking, however when I try and do this I get the following message:

Sorry. We can't process your account application online.

space.gifspace.gifHowever, we may be able to process your application in a Lloyds TSB branch but we need to talk to you further about your application.
space.gifspace.gifspace.gifSimply call into any Lloyds TSB branch with;
  • An original document confirming your identity e.g. passport or driving licence.
  • An original document confirming your address e.g. utility bill or bank statement.
Has any one else had this experience, and if so, were the branch able to open up the two further accounts for you?

Thanks!

Comments

• anamenottaken
    anamenottaken Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did go into my branch to open accounts nos 2 and 3 but wasn't asked to produce ID - but I had had account no 1 for more than 2 years (as I upgraded to Vantage). No problem in opening the two extra ones.
  • Essex123
    Essex123 Posts: 150 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks!

At the top of the screen where I get this message, it says "Denied". Just wondered if anyone else had seen this specific message. Am tempted to wait a few days and see if it clears.

More specifically, has anyone been refused a 2nd or 3rd account?
  • Krafty
    Krafty Posts: 440 Forumite
    Options
    As posted in the other Vantage threads, we went into the branch and opened 3 accounts.

So if you do go to the branch I'm sure they'll open a/cs 2 & 3 for you.

HTH.

Krafty.
  • Essex123
    Essex123 Posts: 150 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Krafty - do Lloyds typically require you to book an appointment for this, or can you just "turn up and open"?
  • jennifernil
    jennifernil Posts: 5,580 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had to book an appointment. When you do, ask them what you need to bring with you.
  • goldminer
    Options
    I opened up 4 accounts today. 1 joint as the primary (me and my partner)
    and three classics they were all converted to Vantages. Lloyds will only let you have three per person now.It was a quick and easy and my personal account adviser set up a rolling 1K standing order between all four. In all our branch vist took an hour.
  • Krafty
    Krafty Posts: 440 Forumite
    Options
    Essex123 wrote: »
    Thanks Krafty - do Lloyds typically require you to book an appointment for this, or can you just "turn up and open"?

You can just walk in but if the advisors are busy/booked you will have a wait.

We did just that and when told it would be a while we opted to book for the next day.

As said elsewhere.. multiple a/cs opened in 40 minutes (in our case)!

HTH,

Krafty.
  • simonfitba
    simonfitba Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    I opened two in branch but had the same problem as OP. So I phoned Lloyds direct and they opened the third acc over the phone.
  • scottishblondie
    Options
    The online banking actually suggested I open another account and then said I had to go into a branch. I made an appointment, no trouble opening another Vantage but they did try to sell me pretty much every financial product on offer!
  • cottager
    cottager Posts: 934 Forumite
    Options
    Finally got around to opening my Vantage today in branch -- no appt, just walked in off the street, but they were quiet and I only had to wait a few mins. The 'interview' took about 50 mins.

I'd applied online a few weeks ago and was turned down, but it must have been the electronic ID problem we experience quite often -- approved today with no trouble. Applied for online access at the same time, and an Easy Saver was also opened (didn't ask for it, they just offered) with a 12-month bonus: not a brilliant rate by any means, but I don't have to use it. Apparently I'll get the debit card, chq book and the other part of the online login needed in a few days.

Despite everything read here over the months, I still didn't have the bottle to ask for 3 accounts! :o
    Was hoping to open another 2 online a little later on, but it sounds from Essex123's experience this may not be possible... will try, but may just have to take courage and go into the branch again if not. It's those questions as I had today like "Why do you want this a/c" and "What will you be using it for" which deter me from being 'brave enough' to brazenly say "I won't be using them for anything, I just want the 4%"!! I'm a wuss :D
    ~cottager
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport