Lidl now sell Ikea meatballs :)

Comments

• My local Lidl had them a couple of weeks ago listed as being the weekly special, along with other scandinavian goods. I haven't checked since but assumed that the weekly specials weren't stocked permanently. Which is a shame as the meatballs are nice, if you can't get Ikea's.
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    winkat wrote: »
    the sauce is avalible in most supermarkets in the casserole mix/ dried sauces section

I still can't find trace of it in stock anywhere!
  • deefadog
    deefadog Posts: 2,190
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by exel1966 viewpost.gif
    So they're not the same meatballs at all. Wonder where the OP's friend got the idea that they are and even stranger why MSE have included it in the weekly mail (without even checking) when it's obviously not correct. :eek:

Exactly - yes, they're "Swedish meatballs", but these are not - repeat, NOT - the same ones as you get in Ikea.

Lazy work on MSE's part - especially when one of Martin's mantras is to know your facts!

very true, i got some yesterday, they are not identical, but the ones Ikea sell have Ikea on the packaging, so they are not going to be exactly the same, but they taste just as nice.

You can put your pitch forks away now :eek:
  • anne99
    anne99 Posts: 61
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Gazfaz wrote: »
    Anybody tell me if these contain Gluten?

(DD has Coeliac's).

The IKEA ones have gluten, but Tesco does a packet in the fresh meat products aisle which are GF and taste very much the same.
  • morg_monster
    morg_monster Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    "ikea style" meatballs with chips or mash have become our "go to" meal when we want something really easy. SOOOO tasty.
    We go to croydon ikea fairly often and always buy a bag of the frozen meatballs, jar of the lingonberry and some sauce sachets. FYI, we find the sauce tastes pretty much the same made with milk instead of cream (although you do have to add a little less milk). We also get the swedish kitchen meatballs from sainsburys and find them exactly the same - they are often on bogof.

And by the way you most definitely DO get these kind of meatballs in sweden!! I have eaten them at restaurants and cafes and at someones house... and they are always eating meatballs in the "millenium" books by Steig Larssen, set in Sweden!

Other favourites from Ikea are their fruit ciders - both alcoholic and non-alcoholic are great. They used to sell Kopparberg (which you can also get more expensively in sainsburys); now they have Ikea branding and are just as good, particularly the pear.
    Oh now I'm dribbling on the keyboard...
  • OMG I'm off to Lidl tonight, thanks for this!!!!!!
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    try the korean ones, they are the dogs bo11ocks ;)
  • *SmallFry*
    *SmallFry* Posts: 1,395 Forumite
    try the korean ones, they are the dogs bo11ocks ;)

:T:T:T:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Got the meatballs from Lidl, yeh, not quite the same as IKEA, but tasty Mmmm

Wont be going back though, Will get the real thing from IKEA. Paid £3.49 for a 1kg bag, its only 50p less than IKEA and I would rather have the real thing. Only 3 miles away. Has some cream sauce in so had meatballs with sauce and garlic butter on fresh pasta.:rotfl:
  • Tharweb
    Tharweb Posts: 1,193
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Got the meatballs from Lidl, yeh, not quite the same as IKEA, but tasty Mmmm

Wont be going back though, Will get the real thing from IKEA. Paid £3.49 for a 1kg bag, its only 50p less than IKEA and I would rather have the real thing. Only 3 miles away. Has some cream sauce in so had meatballs with sauce and garlic butter on fresh pasta.:rotfl:

Sold out in my local LIDL. Got some of the fresh ones that were on offer instead, 12 for £1.18, did a lovely spag bol with meatballs with them.
    This site has saved me a fortune :money: ...it's also cost me a fortune! :doh:
    © Tharweb 2006 :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport