Lidl now sell Ikea meatballs :)

Comments

• pugsley_h
    pugsley_h Posts: 349 Forumite
    dgi_n wrote: »
    is it better to have these with the gravy and lingonberry?

or will they be just as good with spaghetti and a tomato sauce?

We love them with pasta and a jar of Ragu sauce. Really quick meal - and it goes down well with everyone!
  • savings4me
    savings4me Posts: 262 Forumite
    wendall wrote: »
    I got some last week for £2 at the lidl at Heywood, they tasted just like the ikea ones, will have to go back for some more as it was a biggish bag and the kids love them.

In the Lidl advery its says £3.49 but you got yours for £2. Are they the same size bag and how much do ikea charge for their 1kg bag?

Thanks
  • globalds
    globalds Posts: 9,431 Forumite
    How do these compare to the Swedish meatballs they sell in Sainsburys?
    33046DE9-8605-4235-9F77-ABAC48F553D1_Spec2_v1_m56577569833893783.jpg
  • i love meatballs but I get tempted to spend too much in Ikea. BTW there is a pepper sauce in a sachet (the type to serve with steak) in tesco. It is very similar to the ikea gravy if you make it with milk or cream.
  • Voluptua
    Voluptua Posts: 27 Forumite
    skiTTish wrote: »
    Can anyone please tell me the fat content of these ?
    I have always fancied trying them ,but live miles away from Ikea and besides I have gallstones so if they are really fatty they are a no no :(

i have gallstones as well but i've had the meatballs at Ikea a few times and they haven't set off an attack. they are very tasty - might be okay if you microwave them and have a few:)
  • wendall
    wendall Posts: 288 Forumite
    globalds wrote: »
    How do these compare to the Swedish meatballs they sell in Sainsburys?
    33046DE9-8605-4235-9F77-ABAC48F553D1_Spec2_v1_m56577569833893783.jpg

I think they all have a very similar taste, i have had the ikea and the sainsburys and lidl and i would not say there was a lot of difference.
    Jan lunch to work days 0/20
  • wendall
    wendall Posts: 288 Forumite
    savings4me wrote: »
    In the Lidl advery its says £3.49 but you got yours for £2. Are they the same size bag and how much do ikea charge for their 1kg bag?

Thanks

I have not seen them advertised so cannot explain why they were £2.00 at Heywood last week, tried to get them at my local one they had none on Friday so i am lucky to have 2 local ones so was going to try the other tomorrow, will let you know the price they are there if they have any.
    Jan lunch to work days 0/20
  • Quackers
    Quackers Posts: 10,157 Forumite
    Im so jealous! They applied to build one here a few years ago on the industrial estate, the bloody NIBY's who I swear would love a ruling passed that you can't enter their precious area of town without wearing carpet slippers protested against it and it was thrown out :mad:

Irony is, there is now a Co-Op warehouse on the site thats probably 3 times the IKEA ever would have been :rotfl:

I was gutted when they refused that too :D
    Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold...But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow...
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,158 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I once went to Sweden and went to a restaurant for lunch, where I asked if they did meatballs; the owner looked at me with a mixture of pity and disgust and told me if I want meatballs I should go to Ikea in London!
    (I ended up with a pea and ham soup for lunch - it was quite nice!)
  • I dread to think what these are made of!

My guess is an awful cocktail similar to faggots.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure