🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

NPower - tasked with checking people aren't paying too much?

Options
124»

Comments

• WTTM
    WTTM Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    VickyA wrote: »
    We've just had a sharp suited man on the doorstep giving free "advice". Turns out that NPower are checking that people in the area are on the correct tariff after all the price cuts. Now, DH and I are relatively intelligent people :D but are NPower really doing this? He claimed that he wasn't selling anything and he got very shirty when DH assured him that I would have us on the best tariff and would he mind calling back later once we've checked it out with our current utilities provider.

I'm beginning to doubt myself, so are they REALLY checking that people are on the correct tariff or am I just turning into the sort of customer that they want - ie completely gullible? :o

Sorry, this is probably a really silly question and you'll all laugh at me uncontrollably. :)

I had the same pish from two salesmen from Scottish Hydro. Took his price list then told them to !!!! off.

MOMENT:D
  • gongong
    Options
    Npower have been hounding my parents for the past few months, can't seem to take no for an answer and repeatedly returning on their doorstep. I spoke to them last time they called round and even though throughout their pitch they claimed they weren't switching me when it came to me refusing to give them bank details I felt they became a little aggressive with me trying to make me feel like I was stupid as it was no 'big deal' to give them this kind of information!

Unfortunately can't remember their names to report them but how can we stop them?!
  • Plushchris
    Plushchris Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    gongong wrote: »
    Npower have been hounding my parents for the past few months, can't seem to take no for an answer and repeatedly returning on their doorstep. I spoke to them last time they called round and even though throughout their pitch they claimed they weren't switching me when it came to me refusing to give them bank details I felt they became a little aggressive with me trying to make me feel like I was stupid as it was no 'big deal' to give them this kind of information!

Unfortunately can't remember their names to report them but how can we stop them?!

If they have been hounding your parents for a couple of months I would personally phone (or writing would be better) Npower and say if another one of their reps knocks on the door then you will consider that as harrassment and will follow that up accordingly.
    Missing Tesco R&R since Feb '07 :A & now a "Tesco veteran" apparently! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport