1st PPI Reclaim letter without my account number....

Options
I cant remember my account number for the policy I want to reclaim PPI for, is there a way around this? Will they be able to go off my address?

I've only just discovered this PPI reclaiming and and i'm just inside the 6 years so want to do it ASAP

Any help would be great!

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    I cant remember my account number for the policy I want to reclaim PPI for, is there a way around this? Will they be able to go off my address?

I've only just discovered this PPI reclaiming and and i'm just inside the 6 years so want to do it ASAP

Any help would be great!

Hi there

Check any old statements you may have, such as bank statements if this was a loan and if credit card ppi check monthly statements if you have these.

If you bank online and still with the same bank (if loan) as the repayments would have been I expect taken from your bank account, then the acc number should be shown on them, and online banking should allow you to go back as far as 6 years, hope this helps.

Otherwise request for a copy by giving them as many details as possible, all address whilst you had this loan and/or credit card account, your date of birth and any surname changes etc.
    You enclose a £1 postal order or cheque payment and tell them you look forward to receiving the copy of your agreement by 12 days, if you can post by recorded delivery.

Good luck, ask for further help if required.:)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • geordie_ben
    geordie_ben Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for that di3004, It was loan (I'm guessing car finance comes under this) and I'm no longer with the bank that I had at the time of the loan so I'll try writing to the company.

Would there be any harm in including this into Martin's first letter? Like start it by saying I'm unaware of the account number but here's all the details they should need ect?
  • di3004
    Options
    Thanks for that di3004, It was loan (I'm guessing car finance comes under this) and I'm no longer with the bank that I had at the time of the loan so I'll try writing to the company.

Would there be any harm in including this into Martin's first letter? Like start it by saying I'm unaware of the account number but here's all the details they should need ect?

Hi there

That is fine and car finance would still of course come under this.

And yes Martin's letter is the one, good luck.;)
  • geordie_ben
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Amazing what a quick friendly phone call can get you :)
  • di3004
    Options
    Amazing what a quick friendly phone call can get you :)

:D good luck :)
  • geordie_ben
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just been reading some other posts re: Pre Jan 2005 & Black Horse claims.... people are saying they cant claim, know anything about this?
  • di3004
    Options
    I've just been reading some other posts re: Pre Jan 2005 & Black Horse claims.... people are saying they cant claim, know anything about this?

Hi

I think I know what this is, they were not regulated/goverened with GISC where the FSA taken over in Jan 2005, but you can still try to reclaim, if this avenue does not work, it have been suggested by the Finanical ombudsman service (FOS) to write to the actual insurer of BH.

Many of us are doing this in the same position and the FOS are also trying to make the insurers responsible, so if this fails with BH, then you get the details from them of the insurer.

Its another direction to take as suggested by the FOS over the last year or so.;)
  • katie1
    katie1 Posts: 837 Forumite
    Options
    you can claim these ive just had a few sucessful claims from agreements as far back as 1998 keep at it . I wrote my complaint to Lloyds good luck .
  • geordie_ben
    First Anniversary
    Options
    katie1 wrote: »
    you can claim these ive just had a few sucessful claims from agreements as far back as 1998 keep at it . I wrote my complaint to Lloyds good luck .

Thanks for that Katie, reckon I should direct it at BH, or LTSB?

Looks like you're doing well with the weight loss too! keep it up :)
  • geordie_ben
    First Anniversary
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi

I think I know what this is, they were not regulated/goverened with GISC where the FSA taken over in Jan 2005, but you can still try to reclaim, if this avenue does not work, it have been suggested by the Finanical ombudsman service (FOS) to write to the actual insurer of BH.

Many of us are doing this in the same position and the FOS are also trying to make the insurers responsible, so if this fails with BH, then you get the details from them of the insurer.

Its another direction to take as suggested by the FOS over the last year or so.;)

Yeah thats the one, i'm still going to claim, shy bairns get nowt!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure