We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Avira or MSE?

Options

Comments

• GetRealBabe
    GetRealBabe Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    elle45 wrote: »
    Please do not call me stupid!! A friend of mine who works in the computer industry said it would be fine to run the two together!!! :angry:

Hi

Why do you need two AV programs?

GRB
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 089-Finally got a signature.:rotfl::j

• espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Please do not call me stupid!! A friend of mine who works in the computer industry said it would be fine to run the two together!!! :angry:

Your friend is also stupid then! Why did you stop at two?
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • GetRealBabe
    GetRealBabe Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    espresso wrote: »
    Your friend is also stupid then! Why did you stop at two?

Hi

A bit harsh but I'm surprised that someone who supposedly knows about computers would recommend installing two AV programs.

Three or four AV programs running at the some time.:rotfl::rotfl::eek::eek:

GRB
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 089-Finally got a signature.:rotfl::j

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Maybe that is a matter of opinion!! My friend is not stupid!! Please don't get on your high horse and start to offend cos you think that you are right!! Have a nice day!!

However it has been worded, it is poor advice that demonstrates a lack of understanding of a fairly fundamental subject. How you react to the criticism is your prerogative, but your friend’s advice is incorrect and the advice you've received here is correct.
  • poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's not fine, it's stupid. You will get conflicts
    poppy10
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Maybe that is a matter of opinion!! My friend is not stupid!! Please don't get on your high horse and start to offend cos you think that you are right!! Have a nice day!!

Perhaps you will believe Microsoft then?

etcw02.png
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • baxgttdi
    baxgttdi Posts: 388 Forumite
    Options
    As above, multiple AV software equals problems and that's bad advice, especially if he works in the industry.
    LBM 2 - 27.05.09. Debt was £33224 + 1100:eek: OD.
    Car - was - [STRIKE]20867[/STRIKE] - now - Gone! :T Zopa - was [STRIKE]6800[/STRIKE] -now - Gone loan - was [STRIKE]1687 [/STRIKE]- now Gone! :T Student Loan - was [STRIKE]1850 [/STRIKE] - now gone!! - Barclay Card was -[STRIKE] £2000[/STRIKE] now - Gone OD - was 1100 - now - 900 :mad:
    Total - £0 :rotfl: + OD = 100% paid!!!
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    espresso wrote: »
    Perhaps you will believe Microsoft then?

etcw02.png

Ah well, if Microsoft says it's a bad idea, I'l put a couple more on my laptop straight away...;)

I would be interested to know which part of the computer industry elle45's friend works in if he/she recommended that?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • elle45
    elle45 Posts: 930 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry I even brought it up!!!:mad:
    Sunday 23rd September 2007 I came to my senses and discovered fresh air!!:j
    :hello: ELLO! :hello:
  • aliEnRIK
    aliEnRIK Posts: 17,741 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    Ah well, if Microsoft says it's a bad idea, I'l put a couple more on my laptop straight away...;)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    This might be one of those rare cases theyve actually got something right though :p
    macman wrote: »

I would be interested to know which part of the computer industry elle45's friend works in if he/she recommended that?

As would I
    PC WORLD perhaps ;)
    :idea:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business