overcharged for bracelet

Options
2»

Comments

• tompy231
    Options
    ok thanks for all your advice, I wanted to post before I went into the shop and made a fool of myself by asking, but by the tone of all the replies I have received you all seem to be consumer experts and would never dream of asking any questions that seem daft, good advice, smart !!! people
  • pendulum
    pendulum Posts: 2,302 Forumite
    Options
    He only got you the bracelet because he's cheating on you. That's what guilt does.
  • melorablack
    melorablack Posts: 1,114 Forumite
    Options
    pendulum wrote: »
    He only got you the bracelet because he's cheating on you.
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: lmao!!!!
  • OlliesDad
    OlliesDad Posts: 1,825 Forumite
    Options
    tompy231 wrote: »
    ok thanks for all your advice, I wanted to post before I went into the shop and made a fool of myself by asking, but by the tone of all the replies I have received you all seem to be consumer experts and would never dream of asking any questions that seem daft, good advice, smart !!! people

By all means go and ask them as they may accept a mistake was made and out of good will refund you, but you came on a consumer rights board and were told exactly what your rights are!

And Pendulum, :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Norant
    Norant Posts: 435 Forumite
    Options

Tompy.

Go back to the shop and talk to them,if it was a mistake they will admitt it,if it was not then im affraid there is little you can do.

Ask,its worth a try.
    Forum spellcheckers are the pitts.
  • tompy231
    Options
    pendulum wrote: »
    He only got you the bracelet because he's cheating on you. That's what guilt does.

LOL :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • tompy231
    Options
    OlliesDad wrote: »
    By all means go and ask them as they may accept a mistake was made and out of good will refund you, but you came on a consumer rights board and were told exactly what your rights are!

And Pendulum, :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I wanted to be told what my rights are and appreciate that, just didnt expect to be made a fool of
  • mumOf2wonderfulkids
    Options

i used to work in a jewellers, and prices do regularly change, (wednesday's were our days) and we would change the tickets of those that changed,
    theres nothing to say that the price you paid was the correct price and the price went down a few days later, it doesn't always have to be a sale to go down.
    that being said, why not give them a call and just query it just in case, it may be because of an error but may well be because of a legitimate change, but you will never know unless you ask.

he wasnt sold insurance or anything was he?
    Can you see the mountains through the fog?
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OP have you calculated the price of:-

gold/silver at that time
    the exchange rate
    the lead time when they buy

These will all affect the price.

Your husband obviously doesn't have any good haggling skills either...:)
  • Morty_007
    Morty_007 Posts: 1,496 Forumite
    Options
    Always worth asking OP. Worst they can say is no but, as others have said, there is no "right" as such. Good luck, I hope they see it your way and you get a refund. Goodness only knows the money will no doubt come in handy!!
    Good Enough Club member number 27(2) AND I got me a stalkee!
    Closet debt free wannabe -[STRIKE] Last personal loan payment - July 2010[/STRIKE]:T, credit card balance about £3000 (and dropping FAST), [STRIKE]Last car payment September 2010 (August 2010 aparently!!)[/STRIKE]
    And a mortgage in a pear tree :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport