overcharged for bracelet

My husband bought me a lovely bracelet in a local jewellers in January. The price tag was on the bracelet and this was the price he paid. However on revisiting the jewellers again this week to buy a different product, while browsing I noticed the same bracelet £67 cheaper. This is not due to a sale or the item being reduced, this is the correct price, so when we bought it the bracelet was overpriced. We have proof of purchase price, can we ask the store for refund?

Comments

• pendulum
    pendulum Posts: 2,302 Forumite
    Oh come off it...
  • *SmallFry*
    *SmallFry* Posts: 1,395 Forumite
    The price of precious metal goes up and down daily.
  • no, they had incorrectly priced the bracelet, their error.
  • *SmallFry*
    *SmallFry* Posts: 1,395 Forumite
    tompy231 wrote: »
    no, they had incorrectly priced the bracelet, their error.

How do you know that?
  • Because looking back the same bracelet with different stones was £185, and I presumed at the time mine was dearer cos of the stones. but I have checked their website and the bracelet is the same price for all the different stones they supply, £185, and not £252 like we were charged.
  • Beast
    Beast Posts: 333 Forumite
    They are allowed to pick their own price, out of thin air if they really want to and change it on a daily, or even hourly basis on a whim.

Give it up.
  • OlliesDad
    OlliesDad Posts: 1,825 Forumite
    tompy231 wrote: »
    Because looking back the same bracelet with different stones was £185, and I presumed at the time mine was dearer cos of the stones. but I have checked their website and the bracelet is the same price for all the different stones they supply, £185, and not £252 like we were charged.

You were quoted a price which you accepted and paid. Therefore the deal is complete.
  • ok, thanks for your advice. we live on a small island with limited shops I guess thats one less I will shop in then
  • 4743hudsonj
    4743hudsonj Posts: 3,298 Forumite
    You where perfectly happy to pay that price at that time so there is absolutely nothing you can do.
    Back by no demand whatsoever.
  • pendulum
    pendulum Posts: 2,302 Forumite
    No. Just because the bracelets with different stones are all the same price now, doesn't mean they were all the same price back in January.

And you know what? Even if they were all supposed to be the same price (£185), they were perfectly within their rights to price a single one up at £252 and sell it for £252 if that's what they wanted to do.

The price tag said £252. You paid £252. That's it - the end. You don't have any rights at all. All you can do is ask the shop if it was a mistake, and if so, are they willing to do anything about it, but you have no rights and are relying totally on their goodwill.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure