Sky viewing card question

I upgraded to sky+HD a few months back and now have a spare sky box with no viewing card.

I would just like to know that if I had it installed into another room and bought a viewing card off eBay would I still receive all free to air channels.

Also does it matter which card I get as I heard the blue ones will be switched off soon but am unsure whether this is just for subscription.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Yes,you can.Sky are binning all of the blue cards,subbed & free ones.You can buy a new card off Sky for £20.
  • Also note that you don't actually need a card at all.

The card provides regionalisation of BBC and ITV and gives you FIVER, FIVEUS and Sky3. FIVE can be added manually if required. If you can live without these, you can use the box without a card.
    Dave. :wave:
  • So will I still get channels such as Film4, E4, BBC3, etc without a viewing card at all?
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Just pull out the card from your existing Sky Receiver to see what you will get without a card.
  • So will I still get channels such as Film4, E4, BBC3, etc without a viewing card at all?

Yes you will, but just follow Inactive's post and you'll see what you're left with.
    Dave. :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport