Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4)

Options

Comments

• artydoll
    artydoll Posts: 2,084 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This sounds like the best one to me also!!!!

Congrats to the 2 winners - well done!!!

I agree that seems the best one ,
    Earnings £245 in 2014:T thanks to swagbucks
  • Marg
    Marg Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning!

:j:j:j Well done our latest winners!

Great news about your new job rainmac, it doesn't matter how or if you spend your wages it's the independence it brings that matters. OMG! that sounds very Womens Lib.

Artydoll - great challenge thanks flad your feeling a bit better.

I agree with the blinkie wording choice.
  • PepPop
    PepPop Posts: 1,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Soulie wrote: »
    Yep that's fine, though you have to understand it will need an element to be able to be made in to a flashing blinkie, if you get my drift, so I don't know what you had in mind? Either flashing text would work, so the first part could say 'MSE Challenge Winner' and then it could flash to '#1 {or whatever} and I could even put their name on it so it can never be claimed by anyone else? OR it could just have a flashy border?
    Personally, I think the first option is better.

Soulie Sorry I snipped you. Yeah I agree the first option would be better. I had a go at it last night but it was rubbish - so I'll have another go today. What about making the challenge text flash "Red and Green Challenge" (thanks Artydoll) and I like the idea of putting the persons name on it.

Rainmac - Congrats on your extra craft cash

I ordered my promarkers last night - thanks for the link Fifi. 15 and a blender pen for £16.50 (bargain) are hopefully winging their way to me as we speak.
  • pointofnoreturn
    Options
    rainmac wrote: »
    Guess what, that's not how my OH thinks I could spend the £ :(;)

You will have to be sneaky then!!!!;)
    The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.
  • pointofnoreturn
    Options
    Well it's pouring with rain here today - looks like it will be here all day as well!!!!

Not feeling very motivated today so not sure if any crafting will get done!!!
    The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.
  • dragonllew
    dragonllew Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    Options
    artydoll wrote: »
    I,m from South Wales ,a few miles from Caerphilly ,up the Rhymney valley.A little village called Cefn Hengoed.
    Hope everyones fine today,I,m feeling a bit more myself ,lol.
    XXX

DH is from south wales Pembroke Dock he stillhas lots of family there although we live in Bournemouth now. Glad you are feeling better.

Well done Rainmac on your little job I'm sure you can use some of it for crafty buying. I do a little cleaning job once a week and that money is my crafty budget for the month.

Well done to the Winners:T

I like the idea of the blinkie as well, I like the first option as well.

It was pouring with rain here at 6.30 this morning when I had to go pick DH up from work but has stopped now.
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Options
    Rainmac Congratulations on your little job, its nice to earn your own bit of pocket money.

We have had such a busy day today in the shop, takings up 25% on last Saturday, doubt our comission will go up though!

Congratulations to our recent winners :)

DH is just setting up the web cam so our GD in Plymouth can talk to us and remember what we look like! I can't believe she is nearly 3.

Love the idea of a blinkie :)
  • ali.b.123
    ali.b.123 Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon ladies, at work all day yesterday so couldnt get a good chance to come on but just to say I took a chance and ordered one of the £25 goody boxes on Thur lunchtime from Sarahs and it came yesterday morning - that was quick!!!! some nice stuff in and some I am thinking hmm will I use it.:o Just been doing our budget as well - oh good grief considering I was on a stash ban I still owed the kitty about £30 was on the cc so must have been from the tail end of the previous month:eek: I really need to stop spending!!!!

However, I sent my name in to try and win weekend passes to the Harrogate papercrafts fair and I won two - they came this morning so that has saved us about £8.00 - that can go towards stash!!!:rotfl:

Congrats to the latest winners:T:T
    rainmac - what a brilliant little job - you dont have to change your routine or anything!!!

Off for a blog hop - but I feel all out of sync. dont know what I am looking at or whether to enter anything:think: , do you ever feel like that???
  • ali.b.123
    ali.b.123 Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    Options
    oops forgot to post this (dont think it has been posted) lovely freebie here
  • Fifi_Folle
    Fifi_Folle Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon everyone,
    Had a busy day at work yesterday & haven't had a chance to get on here until now so I'm a bit behind. Will catch up on bl*gs later on.

Happy belated birthday Dawnteabag
    PONR What shocking customer service! I wouldn't dream of ordering anything from them now
    PepPop/Soulie The blinkie is a fab idea
    kms well done on your bracelet sales
    Marg I'll pm you about the birthday list too
    Jowri enjoy your trip to London
    Rainmac Congrats on your part time job
    elysia Hope you enjoy the wedding
    Artydoll Great idea for a challenge. I'll get my thinking cap on! Glad you are feeling a bit better today

Thanks to those who have posted freebies & well done to the winners. Yippee I won a challenge! :j
    To those who asked what stamp I used on the star card on my bl*g. It was the Inkadinkado Dot Flourishes clear stamps. x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure