We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Fabulous New Fashion chat - Dressed up or Down - Everyone Welcome!!

1…632633635637638…1097

Comments

  • retro_bluebell
    retro_bluebell Posts: 1,276 Forumite
    Keep it then- it wont take up much space in the loft will it? If it means that much to you I would- I know what you mean though our house is doll house sized compared to others.

    That came across as flippant didnt it? Wasnt meant to sound like I I was going for the "hey dont sweat it- its no big deal" kinda thing....


    oh dear :(
    **"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin."**
  • xxvickixx
    xxvickixx Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    That came across as flippant didnt it? Wasnt meant to sound like I I was going for the "hey dont sweat it- its no big deal" kinda thing....


    oh dear :(

    Not at all, I know you're on my wavelength x
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    That came across as flippant didnt it? Wasnt meant to sound like I I was going for the "hey dont sweat it- its no big deal" kinda thing....


    oh dear :(


    Retro, you are worrying too much ATM. :( Vicki is perhaps the least likely among all to take things the wrong way.

    I'd keep it too...for a while anyway. Eventally you'll be able to do otherwise, but why stress now?
  • retro_bluebell
    retro_bluebell Posts: 1,276 Forumite
    Ach I know I dont like to offend thats all :)
    **"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin."**
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Ach I know I dont like to offend thats all :)


    I know, but you couldn't...we are all so easy going with each other. We are familiar with you and know you would mean nothing uncaring.:)
  • xxvickixx
    xxvickixx Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    I do get quite easily offended generally but you girls here never have. I was going to quote Lost with a mock upset "and what do you mean by that???" but thought it might not be appropriate or convey the humour as well as intended lol!

    I'll see how I feel about things in the morning, if someone buys it I'll probably feel happy for them but at the moment it's a sad feeling. Thanks for your support. I know it seems slightly crazy xx
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    xxvickixx wrote: »
    I do get quite easily offended generally but you girls here never have. I was going to quote Lost with a mock upset "and what do you mean by that???" but thought it might not be appropriate or convey the humour as well as intended lol!

    I'll see how I feel about things in the morning, if someone buys it I'll probably feel happy for them but at the moment it's a sad feeling. Thanks for your support. I know it seems slightly crazy xx


    lol, I would have been mortified! Or giggled crazily.

    The wink smilie is good for things like that.
  • xxvickixx
    xxvickixx Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    I always forget that nobody can hear me say these things and always forget the little faces! My humour can be a little dry so hope I don't offend people unintentionally. I worried for quite a while over my "Mars Bar" comment to Tara yesterday but thankfully she knew I was only joking.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    xxvickixx wrote: »
    I always forget that nobody can hear me say these things and always forget the little faces! My humour can be a little dry so hope I don't offend people unintentionally. I worried for quite a while over my "Mars Bar" comment to Tara yesterday but thankfully she knew I was only joking.


    I don't believe you could be offensive either. Tara also has a great sense of humour.

    I think I appear a LOT more....serious, no pompous, than I hope I really am!
  • xxvickixx
    xxvickixx Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    No you don't come across that way, but I do wonder what the newcommers thing with us all, as we're so familiar now.
    Anyway. I'm sooo tired so off to bed.
    Night night. xx
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.