MSE News: Top cash Isa deal launched by Alliance & Leicester

This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"The account pays a market-leading 3.5% easy access but is not open to transfers from other accounts ..."

OfficialStamp.gif

Replies

• This looks pretty good for new money. I wonder if others will beat it in the next few weeks.
  • jefereyjeferey Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    I've applied and been accepted this morning.
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try - oh bu99er that just cheat :D
  • jeferey wrote: »
    I've applied and been accepted this morning.

I've used up this years allowance. Can you apply for this now without putting any money in, so that it is ready for the new tax year?
  • LokoloLokolo Forumite
    20.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've used up this years allowance. Can you apply for this now without putting any money in, so that it is ready for the new tax year?

The minimum investment is £1 so I would suspect not.
  • jefereyjeferey Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Looks like it but the 12 month bonus clock probably starts ticking from when you are accepted so worth waiting till April before you apply. I haven't had to put any money in yet as they are writing to me to tell me how I can use my account. I have an account number though.
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try - oh bu99er that just cheat :D
  • jeferey wrote: »
    Looks like it but the 12 month bonus clock probably starts ticking from when you are accepted so worth waiting till April before you apply. I haven't had to put any money in yet as they are writing to me to tell me how I can use my account. I have an account number though.

Thanks. I'll give it a bit longer then. Who knows, there may even be better deals come up:)
  • rb10rb10 Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The article doesn't mention that Santander also have a Flexible ISA, with, from what I can see, exactly the same rates and conditions.

Link here.
  • edited 24 February 2010 at 4:53PM
    BaldurBaldur Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    edited 24 February 2010 at 4:53PM
    rb10 wrote: »
    The article doesn't mention that Santander also have a Flexible ISA, with, from what I can see, exactly the same rates and conditions.

Link here.
    See the article (unless, of course, it's been edited since your post):
    The Flexible Isa, also available to Santander customers, is only open to new money, so you cannot transfer in from other accounts (see the Top Cash Isa guide).
  • rb10rb10 Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baldur wrote: »
    See the article (unless, of course, it's been edited since your post):

Yes, I did see that, thanks.

It just strikes me as odd that the whole article focuses on the fact that A&L are offering it, only mentioning that it's also available from Santander in half a sentence. And that half-sentence isn't totally clear anyway, as it could be interpreted as 'Santander customers are eligible to open this A&L ISA', as it says that 'it' (i.e. the topic of this new item, the A&L Flexible ISA) is also available to Santander customers.
  • hansihansi Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish you all well with your Santander dealings. Wouldn't do it myself!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Stoozing, sublets & summer sips

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE News

Martin Lewis quizzes Rishi Sunak

Watch the cost of living support Q&A here

Join the MSE Forum discussion

48 craft beers for £50 delivered

One-off bundle for newbies. Excludes Northern Ireland

MSE Deals