Changing from Coal or electricity to efficient Gas, upto £1,000 grant available.

Having seen the success of the government funded "boiler scrappage scheme" where govt provide £400 grant towards replacing an old gas/oil boiler (only applies in England). I was looking at what help I could get from switching from the carbon hungry, expensive and dirty coal fired boiler to a new condensing gas boiler.

Unfortunately the boiler scrappage does not apply when changing the fuel type (Eg. Coal to gas or Electric to Gas).

However, There is financial funding available for this, upto £1,000.

Just look up "A1 Fuel Switching" on google and look for the A1 site.

Available to the whole mainland UK to anyone who owns there own home or rents a private home there is a varying amount of funding available depending on whether switching from Coal or electric etc.. to LPG or Gas or Oil. The funding is provided by npower, as part of their commitment to reducing carbon, and you DO NOT need to be a customer to qualify, and there are no catches. The only requirement is that the installer is Gas Safe approved.

So there you go, if you or anyone you know wants to get rid of old expensive electric night storage heaters or dirty awkward coal then there is financial help available.

I hope this helps someone financially and makes them warmer.

Does anyone know of any other relative or better schemes??

Many thanks

Comments

• Fantastic - thanks for this. I have an elderly relative who may well fall into this bracket. Do you know if there is any grant funding for those of us poor people who are spending a fortune on electric heating and want to change? I dont have gas in my area so it would have to be oil or lpg. I have considered a wood burner or biomass but not sure if I've got enough storage space
  • Hi BillyBailey,

Yes there is funding available for fuel switching from electric to either Oil or LPG. The funding tables are on the npower "A1 Fuel Swticing - Funding Tables". Also if you are on income benefits or over 70 then you may qualify for a higher level of funding!!!!

Not saying you are over 70!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pawpurrs
    pawpurrs Posts: 3,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Any one know the difference between an A1 grant and the Npower grant?

http://www.npower.com/web/fuelswitching/index.htm

It appears you get more funding on the above? Both are run by sustain?
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • IvanDrago
    IvanDrago Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    awesome ive just bought a house with no gas. I might phone them and see what the crack is.

thanks
  • albyota
    albyota Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    I would say this is now out of date, just looked on the npower site, grants are not mentioned, as far as I can see anyway. you would be better off researching air source heat pumps as a replacement heating system.
    good luck
    There are three types of people in this world...those that can count ...and those that can't! ;)

* The Bitterness of Low Quality is Long Remembered after the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure