Flights to Melbourne for Christmas, any help?

Options
So I've searched as many places as I can find to try and find cheap flights.

We're looking to travel from London - Melbourne on 19th Dec and to return from Brisbane - London on the 21st January.

The current deal we're looking at is with Singapore air at a cost of £2753.00 for 2 people. We like it because its only 1 stop (we don't want any more than this) and it gets us to Melbourne on the 20th December at 8pm. Meaning we have time to get to the hotel and check in at a good time, so we have the 21st December to ourselves in the city :)

Can anyone help me find anything cheaper?

Our requirements are:

London - Melbourne Sunday 19th December
Brisbane - London Friday 21st January
Only the one stop (but not overnight)

Ideally would like to arrive in Melbourne on the 20th December but this isn't a must.

Ive tried all the usual searches but thought I'd try you guys as you may have some idea I don't!
Green and White Barmy Army!

Comments

• Smiley82
    Smiley82 Posts: 339 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

You might be better trying return from Melbourne, that way you could get more flight options. A quick search shows Malaysian Airlines, flying out on the 19th or the 20th of December, returning on the 21st January at £1157 per person, with a single stop. The flight out is not overnight, but the flight back is.

I'm sure you would be able to get return flights from Brisbane to Melbourne that linked in with these flights, either with Virgin Blue, Jetstar or Qantas in Australia. Might be worth a look??

LHR 10:50 a-arrow-icon.gif MEL 20:35
    MEL 15:40 a-arrow-icon.gif LHR 05:25
  • kr15snw
    kr15snw Posts: 2,264 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that, but have looked at this and it looks like we'd be paying £300 - £400 for flights from Brisbane to Melbourne. Which puts the price to about the same as the direct flight from Brisbane.
  • Smiley82
    Options
    Hi,

Where were you looking? Brisbane to Melbourne with Jetstar is only AUD $149 + baggage ($10) per person, one way, on their website?? You will probably have to look locally, rather than Kayak, Sky Scanner to get the best deals.
  • kr15snw
    Options
    Smiley where did you find the Malaysia deal? Nothing available on our dates according to their site
  • Smiley82
    Options
    It came up on Kayak when I did a quick search....let me know if you can't find it, it might be booking through a third party, rather than Malaysian direct??
  • kr15snw
    Options
    When I search on Kayak the cheapest I get is £1314 per person with Singapore Air? Malaysia doesn't even appear :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport