BMI Baby Belfast to Cardiff?

Options
Can anyone shed light on what's happened to this route? Still advertised as one of their routes but no flights available at all! Rang customer service (ie call centre in Mumbai!) and all they could tell me is 'operational problems'. This is my lifeline route home to family, can't believe it's gone all of a sudden! Does anyone know why and if it's likely to come back? Thanks.
Life's a box of beads - rainbow coloured and full of surprises!:D

Comments

• bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The ever-shrinking bmibaby have pulled the route I'm afraid. Your other option is flyBe Cardiff to Belfast City, they have increased flights since baby cut their route. Or travelling to Bristol.
  • IrishLass_2
    Options
    I keep getting emails telling me there are discounts on flights, I'm even a Diamond Club member, yet cannot find ANY flights from Belfast to Cardiff, and same for Dublin and due to fly off soon. What is going on? Don't airlines even ANNOUNCE if routes are cancelled or suspended??!
  • SaveTheEuro
    Options
    IrishLass wrote: »
    I keep getting emails telling me there are discounts on flights, I'm even a Diamond Club member, yet cannot find ANY flights from Belfast to Cardiff, and same for Dublin and due to fly off soon. What is going on? Don't airlines even ANNOUNCE if routes are cancelled or suspended??!

Airlines do not always announce the cancellation of routes, which is a poor show. Would it not be civil for airlines and airports to give that news on their websites?
  • Rach39
    Rach39 Posts: 827 Forumite
    Options
    And why keep sending me the blasted emails!! I only EVER use the Belfast Cardiff route so telling me all flights now cheaper than ever really doesn't help me when I can't go where I want to!:mad:
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    And why keep sending me the blasted emails!! I only EVER use the Belfast Cardiff route so telling me all flights now cheaper than ever really doesn't help me when I can't go where I want to!

As with all mailing lists from reputable companies, when you first enter your email address with them you can opt out of email marketing. Every time you recieve an email from them it will have a link to unsubscribe from email marketing.
  • Rach39
    Rach39 Posts: 827 Forumite
    Options
    Er yes I apreciate that! I do wish to hav notice of their offers but it's kind of a wind up when u think you're getting offered cheap flights then discover the one and only route you use has been pulled!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport